Would you want Horiguchi vs. TJ?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Since gucci just took out Bellator's 135lb champ:

Kyoji-Horiguchi-vs-Darrion-Caldwell-staredown.jpg

would you guys be down to see another cross promotion fight but between ufc and rizin this time?

Last edited:
TJ would abuse him

Cejudo vs Gooch is a better fight, and one I'd actually favor him in

TJ by TKO or outstrikes him all night to a UD.

A shame the UFC let him go. Hasn't been facing the stiffest competition but Caldwell is a good start. He was very young when he was in the UFC but it's hard to tell his growth when he's mostly been crushing cans./

I've wanted Horiguchi back in the UFC since he left, but BW is stacked and there's guys I'd rather see TJ fight ahead of him. Thinking about how he and MM won't rematch unless Rizin and One cross-promote upsets me on multiple levels.

Thought I saw my name in the thread title.

Darrion Caldwell isn’t an elite fighter btw, being Bellator champ isn’t anything special. It’s like being the smartest person with Down syndrome.

why not, but I want horiguchi MM 2. but I don't think rizin and ONE co-promote, right?

There was once a force to be reckoned with named Hayato Sakurai.

He flew over the pond to UFC territory to fight a man named Matt Hughes.

It did not turn out well.

He proceeded to fly back over that same pond where the competition is easier.

Needs to fight Caldwell in a cage so he can get smashed, and not saved by the ropes 10 different times

There was once a force to be reckoned with named Hayato Sakurai.

He flew over the pond to UFC territory to fight a man named Matt Hughes.

It did not turn out well.

He proceeded to fly back over that same pond where the competition is easier.

You do realize Horiguchi fought 8 times in the UFC and won 7 of those fights?

He lost when it mattered.

If you go 7-1 in the UFC and your sole loss is to the greatest fighter of all time in that division, who is perennially ranked P4P, that isn't something to be ashamed of.

Obviously Horiguchi is a UFC caliber fighter, but he wasn't able to beat DJ on his first go round. Neither was Cejudo.

TJ by TKO or outstrikes him all night to a UD.
TJ will bully him with wrestling and GnP but no way he would TKO or outstrike Horiguchi standing, you definitely have not seen Horiguchi's kickboxing fight. TJ would be the one outstruck. Horiguchi went toe-to-toe with #8 ranked bantamweight kickboxer in the world with 81% TKO/KO rate, meanwhile TJ had trouble with Takeru from K-1 kickboxing when they sparred... TJ got embarassed, became angry and cheap-shotted Takeru after the bell.

Horiguchi also outstruck DJ standing based on the scoreboards (total hits - GnP) and that was when he was only 24 and green af

Last edited:
Back