Would you think less of Conor if he leg kicked Diaz to victory?

I wouldn't think any less of Conor for that. Exploiting your opponents weaknesses is just common sense.

Likewise, I also would not think any less of Nate if he looks to get the fight to the mat as soon as possible.

You should be more worried about him just winning vs how he would win

I like how everyone automatically thinks of the Aldo style low round kick to the leg when leg kicks are brought up, and then go on to say that Conor can't do that. And they're likely right. But there's more than one kind of leg kick, for instance there's the oblique or push kick to the knee made infamous by Jon Jones, and there's also this. Land a half dozen of these on Nate and he'll be limping pretty nicely.

Right, but that type of kick is a lot harder to land consistently over and over again. A guy with powerful fast leg kicks, like say Aldo or Barboza, can throw them from his normal stance and land them regularly. You choice is to eat the kick or check it. If they get too loose maybe you can catch the kick.

An oblique kick is a nice weapon and can take guys off guard, but it's very hard to land over and over again. In the example there McGregor lands a nice one but if he threw it repeatedly I think Diaz would start avoiding it.

Bones throws a nice one with some regularity but his striking is more diverse than McGregor and has more of a range advantage. McGregor is the smaller guy in this fight.

Yea homie, the Diaz bros are NEVER fazed by leg kicks. Do you even watch fights G. 209 cuz.
Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BLeg%2BKicks%2BNate%2BDiaz%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

I actually had Diaz cult members tell me that RDA laid on Nate the whole fight. It's like these cult members don't even watch their beloved fav fighters fight, then regurgitate the same, tired, lame excuses for why they lost.

good thing for nate that conor can't kick even half as good as that

If a fighter suddenly could throw low kicks like Aldo, I'd think way more of basically anybody.

I'm not talking about Condit style baby leg kicks.

2sbrggy.jpg

I'm talking Aldo on Faber style leg kicks.

2gugyfa_jpg_medium.gif

I have a feeling that if he leg kicks Diaz until he is limping, then knocks him out, it won't be as satisfying as it normally is to have him win. Maybe that is just me though. Is ANY win for Conor a good win?

I feel like he needs to win decisively if he wants to regain that momentum.
why would anyone think less of him?

Conor would literally have to change his entire style to deliver heavy muay thai leg kicks. Not gonna happen.

You can't learn in a few months especially if you have other things that you want to improve. He'd have to change his stance too.

It would be impressive yes.

These guys are closely matched who wins will impress.

How can you think less of him if hes using strong kicks to defeat someone? Wtf ?

You can't learn in a few months especially if you have other things that you want to improve. He'd have to change his stance too.

Its not that hard to learn I mean with the right teacher and drills he could learn half decent low kicks in a month or two.

Its not that hard to learn I mean with the right teacher and drills he could learn half decent low kicks in a month or two.

Micheal Johnson had half way decent kicks, didn't do him much good in the fight though.

Absolutely not.

It's exactly what he should do.

The problem is, he can't do it.

I mean, how often do people win by a leg kick ass kicking? Would be interesting and fun to watch at least.

Conor kicks like how a white boy dances.
Britney-Spears-Cringe-Face.gif

do you watch mma brah? the diaz bros hardly get fazed by leg kicks. if cowboy's leg kicks couldnt stop nate mcmanlet's wont do shit.
Exactly. If Cowboy, who is excellent at throwing leg kicks, what makes anyone think Conor could.

Conor has 5 minutes to bless Nate's chin then he might as well throw in the towel after.

Back