Would you sue Colby if you where Usman

By the time any verdict was made, Colby would already have lost to Usman a second time and rendered broke and irrelevant. All he could sue colby for would be cheap suits, eye liner and MAGA hats

you have to prove malice aforethought too, which is almost impossible most of the time since the defendant can just lie about their motives.

That's incorrect. The statement does not have to me made with malice. It just needs to be false, stated either deliberately or negligently, and cause injury or economic harm. It's only the financial loss Usman is lacking. If a sponsor dropped him off of what Colby said, it would be a slam dunk win.

Yes. If I fought in a cage for a living I would sue over words

Usman should sue Colby for walking around with hookers and pretending that they are his rotational chicks

The claims are not hurting Usman monetarily or professionally so nothing to sue about

it's almost impossible to win a slander/libel case in court, but usman has a better case here than most.

Really? That's a suprise, do you think Dominion will win?

See Manny pac vs Floyd Mayweather senior lawsuit.

Imo because it's a waste of time. Colby can say he did it to sell an upcoming rematch with Usman. At worst he would pay Usman legal fees and maybe apologize.

Colby (again) is accusing Usman for using illegal substances. There is no proof and Jawbreaker has been tested multiple times this year. For all we know, Colby is the one using. If you where Usman,would you sue Colby, just to shut him up?
Fox News admitted they are info tainment in court.

Alex Jones admitted he doesn’t believe what he spews in court.

Both say they do it for the ratings.

You think a fighter selling fights by talking smack can get sued for it?

C’mon son. Join the real world.

Colby (again) is accusing Usman for using illegal substances. There is no proof and Jawbreaker has been tested multiple times this year. For all we know, Colby is the one using. If you where Usman,would you sue Colby, just to shut him up?
Where?

At the risk of sending this thread to the shadow realm, parody/satire are the easiest and best lines of defense when it comes to slander/libel accusations. No one in their right mind is going to not pull them out as the first line of defense in potential litigation.

Usman is the Motherfucking CEO of EPO, he wears that shit like a boss
:meow:

Colby’s just envious because he’s lacking with the physical strength and build of a Middle Schooler

Being a grown man suing another grown man over talking shit would make you look like a giant sensitive vagina. Just break his jaw again and send him running from the cage again. This world is getting soft. Sue him over talking shit....good lord
Talking shit is totally different than slander. I know Sherdog isn't famous for it's smart users, but people actually believe what Colby claims. Let Colby back up his claims or shut him up. Sueing would make Colby look inmensly dumb. People hating on Usman are the same people who crap on him anyway.

Why would Usman just cost himself money.

Pointless lawsuit. Usman would have to show that Colby caused him monetary losses in order to have a case against him. Colby running his mouth probably makes Usman money if anything
Usman doesn't have to proof that? He can sue for slander. That is pretty easy to proof and isn't that expensive

Damn. Glad I don't live in the US ;). Also, if Fox news would accuse Usman like Colby did, they will lose a lawsuit imo.

Talking shit is totally different than slander. I know Sherdog isn't famous for it's smart users, but people actually believe what Colby claims. Let Colby back up his claims or shut him up. Sueing would make Colby look inmensly dumb. People hating on Usman are the same people who crap on him anyway.
It's the fight game buddy. Oh no a fighter accused another fighter of being on juice! We're talking human cock fighting. Nothing that important where slander is going to really affect somones life. C'mon.

Usman couldn't win the case unless Colby lied and said he had proof that Usman used PEDs.

Back