Would you sue Colby if you where Usman

trying to sue colby would just give him more attention.

best thing to shut colby up is to win the fight. 2-0 will be the nail in the coffin for colby

But then he might have to pass a real test. So the chances of him pursuing a case are zero.

it's almost impossible to win a slander/libel case in court, but usman has a better case here than most.
I feel like the courts would take into account that it's a normal part of the sport they are in. I suppose he could talk to a lawyer though and get their advice

No need in a few months hes about to get locked in the cage against Colby and get paid for it too
Want to bet a few hundred (serious request)? I bet Colby loses and gladly take a bet!

I feel like the courts would take into account that it's a normal part of the sport they are in. I suppose he could talk to a lawyer though and get their advice
I really doubt a court would see it like that

I really doubt a court would see it like that
Courts do take into account context. Like if i say something slanderous about someone but can argue that I wasn't really being serious or that I was joking, a good lawyer can win the case for me

Courts do take into account context. Like if i say something slanderous about someone but can argue that I wasn't really being serious or that I was joking, a good lawyer can win the case for me
Sure, but not after saying it multiple times ánd claiming to have proof. There are limits to that argument in court.

What test exactly? He got tested a lot this year alone...
If it went to court I’m sure they would use a test much more stringent than USADA with possibly the UFC’s influence.

USADA doesn’t even test for the most beneficial recovery peptides.

it's almost impossible to win a slander/libel case in court, but usman has a better case here than most.

No he doesn't.

This is going to fall completely under promotional marketing and its easy to depict a vast ocean of similar trash talk between combatants. It's also pretty obvious the guy wearing a plaid sports coat with no shirt is in character as part of promotional duties.

He could be promoting the fight by trying to get Usman pissed off and to respond. I don't think either guy is a huge draw on their own. Masvidal was recently more popular then either so of course Usman would take that rematch as he was fighting against a fighter that can draw. Ppv points add up. Isn't he calling out Nate as well? Good way to line your pockets.

Colbys statements about Usmans supposed PED use are not actually slander and thus not actionable.

Kamaru is a public figure, so Colbys "slanderous" statements would have to be ones he knows to be false; there is no way for him to literally know Kamaru has not ever used PEDs.

I don't think so,
that you can have this body,
with just good food and natural water !?

Attachments

• -wVu7rIhsTg5oZKAFPZDkz8ftv7DlyeqxQnhogxMq8A.jpg
    -wVu7rIhsTg5oZKAFPZDkz8ftv7DlyeqxQnhogxMq8A.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 6
If it went to court I’m sure they would use a test much more stringent than USADA with possibly the UFC’s influence.

USADA doesn’t even test for the most beneficial recovery peptides.
This is complete bullshit. You do understand USADA test results are LITERALLY what holds up in court? There is no court that dismisses a USADA test result and ask for more testing in a lawsuit about slander. That's just totally not how lawsuits work

You have it literally backwards. It's not hard to win, but Usman was a worse chance than most of actually getting paid. Because I don't see where he can show Colby's vomit has damaged him monetarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back