would you still train with a huge ass blister on the ball of your foot?

PrettyBoyF

White Belt
Reaction score
I have this blister that bothers the shit out of me when im doing all the footwork for boxing drills and stuff. its on the back of my right foot and it is huge. probably 3.5cm.

would you guys just continue training or what? strangely enough it has never hurt when i sprint, only when im in the gym. idk if its my boxing shoes, cos ive used them for a few months before and I never had any problems. I just started using them 2 weeks ago, so maybe my legs arent used to it, but thats unlikely. i just dont know how this shit happened. How do you guys deal with these big ass blisters?

It may comes from your shoes ( if they are too large ) or your socks ... I never had this problem ... This kind of things can infect in a swimming pool ... anyway, to let a doctor watch that should be a good idea ...

I've trained with blisters like that and it never ends well. Blood and pain is the first thing that comes to mind.

The last thing anyone wants is for that thing to pop on the mat or something. Just take a few days off and take care of it.

I'm having the same issue right now, first my big toe and now the ball of my foot. Fortunately I have been able to stick it out, except for one day I couldn't walk (it doesn't help that i train muay thai on dirty concrete and a dirty rug, no gym in the town i live in) but on the bright side, when it heals, your foot will be that much stronger. soon it will be a leathery death machine.

take 1 day rest, see how you feel. once its popped, give it air as much as possible. good luck.

Toughing it out is one thing, but the real issue isn't the pain, it's the potential for infection and that's the biggest issue.

Whatever you decide, make sure it's covered, you clean it regularly, and you protect yourself and other people from any potential issues.

I don't know if it's entirely true, but the story goes Micky Ward developed his hook to the body when he broke his hand and that's all he could work on (was this in the movie? I forget.)

No way in shit I'd do anything to aggravate the blister, which will heal very shortly if you give it time. But you could do things like work on your jab or slipping or something. Or just read a book and sip a margarita by the pool for a couple days.

That is awesome! :)

Yeah, either deal with it and make sure it's good to go, or step away and let it heal. Don't just keep toughing through it and try to ignore it when there's the possibility of it getting worse.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

Ban for gore.

That happened to me once. It sucked so bad, but I still had to wrestle with it.

Put that foot in hot water with Epsom salt and was good the following week.

I've had this many times and never had it get infected. That's with training on some of the dirtiest floors in Thailand.

Cut it off, soak it with iodine, and let it dry out.

You are one tough mf... I've cut out small blisters before but never one of that kind of size. My blister seems to be healing nicely, hope i wont be trying that anytime soon :icon_chee

I don't know if it's entirely true, but the story goes Micky Ward developed his hook to the body when he broke his hand and that's all he could work on (was this in the movie? I forget.)

No way in shit I'd do anything to aggravate the blister, which will heal very shortly if you give it time. But you could do things like work on your jab or slipping or something. Or just read a book and sip a margarita by the pool for a couple days.

I like your style

If you trust you have clean mats/training partners and do not fear catching some sort of pathogen, go for it.

Once that blister pops you lose one of your bodies best passive defenses against infections...

Pro tip...

wear two pairs of socks.

The callouses and blisters on my feet got so bad I had to use a Dremel tool to grind them down. My friend's father is a boy scout troop leader and he said the #1 thing they do to prevent blisters when hiking long trails is to wear a regular sock with a thin sock over it to absorb the friction. I just use two regular socks. It also makes my boxing boots fit tighter and I like that better. Worked immediately when I tried it and I've been doing it ever since.

Pro tip...

wear two pairs of socks.

The callouses and blisters on my feet got so bad I had to use a Dremel tool to grind them down. My friend's father is a boy scout troop leader and he said the #1 thing they do to prevent blisters when hiking long trails is to wear a regular sock with a thin sock over it to absorb the friction. I just use two regular socks. It also makes my boxing boots fit tighter and I like that better. Worked immediately when I tried it and I've been doing it ever since.

wow this is actually nice, i had some brutal blisters on monday. testing this on tuesday and that tightness sounds sweet, feel the legs more.

You are one tough mf... I've cut out small blisters before but never one of that kind of size. My blister seems to be healing nicely, hope i wont be trying that anytime soon :icon_chee

The best part about it was going out to the bars in Phuket and showing the bar girls the Pringles chip of skin, letting them try to figure out what it was.

wow this is actually nice, i had some brutal blisters on monday. testing this on tuesday and that tightness sounds sweet, feel the legs more.

I can't say enough about this trick. Even if you don't have major problems with blisters, my feet were less sore by the end of my workouts and I was able to use quick footwork longer into my workout. The boot has no play so your foot feels lighter and you get all the "ground feel" of bare feet with the protection of the boots. I wish someone had told me about it years ago.

Back