Would you still eat meat if animals could talk?

"Mr. Hippo be like get off me motherfuckers!!"
HnbH2S0.gif

They could talk to me while I chew on them and it wouldnt make a difference.

I'd probably like them less if they could talk....I like them more than people for sure and thats a big reason why.....so yeah

If they need a device to "talk", then they're not really talking.

Language is one of the things that separates humans from other animals. It takes a giant amount of intelligence to talk and humans are the only animals that can do that.

Basically what I was going to say. Any change in behaviour based on such a blatant attempt to anthropormorphize would be silly imo.

Pigs are a special case where supplying words to the variety of "thoughts" and motivations they have could help reverse the lack of appreciation we feel for them as food, but for most others it was be a misleading endeavor.

There is not an animal on this planet I wouldn't eat.

Even if the little bastard could recite all of Shakespeare's sonnets in 4 different languages, if I was hungry that little get would be getting eaten.

Law of the stag.

Also when I read the thread title I pictured each animal just saying what they are over and over like Pokemon lol.

Which is the most appetizing Pokemon?

Nope would never eat anything that could speak to me, i would probably start having drinks with the pigs.

I'd literally never be in a position that would require me to converse with a cow, so this would change nothing for me.

Those creepy slaughterhouse workers are the ones who won't spare the animals after hearing them beg for their lives, and for that I'd eat meat as I always do.

Futurologists predict the somewhat near future (changes that might occur in their lifetimes). Used by movies like minority report.

The thing about them is predicting the future is obviously impossible and most of the predictions they do get right are by chance more than any real foresight.

Talking animals in 35 years? Lol classic nutbag future prediction. No.

Your dinner will talk to you and suggest the best cut for you at Milliways.

Starts at 6:20

I know our Pinoy brethren would. It would probably increase their appetite all the more

[source: balute]

I would still eat them. I get a kick out of my vegan friend who talks about how terrible I am for eating meat. Its "unnatural". Yeah, because animals don't eat each other or anything.

Saw this topic brought up the other day on a Toronto morning show, thought it was interesting.

A "futurologist" (whatever the hell that is) states that an implant could be developed by 2050 that gives animals the ability to speak to us.

So from this, they speculate whether or not animals having a voice humanizes them and will it make you think twice about gobbling down their delicious carcass?

Excerpt from the article

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-eat-meat-if-animals-could-talk-a6866761.html

For myself, I'm too far gone to change. Like Vincent Vega said, "but bacon tastes good, pork chops taste good"

What say you Sherdoggy?

Are you kidding? I'd find the smartest animal I could and take it home. I'd give it a good life. Teach it stuff make it part of the family. One day I'll have a family and the kids would love the piggy. (Pigs are smart). As my kids got older they'd grow a bond with it. Eventually they'd hit their teenage years and rebel. Then I'd take that little piggy in front of my teenage kids, and I'd crush it's throat with my bare hands as it screamed for half an hour. "Why why why why why!!!?!" I'd just keep slowly squeezing, making my kids watch. Then Itd be dead and I'd tell my rebel kids, "I knew that pig longer than you". Then I'd eat it because it's a pig.

Ftr, my cats are already annoying without the ability to actually "talk" to me. Let's not get crazy okay and give them the ability to annoy me even more. Meows are more than enough xx

Also, would start kicking them out of my room when I'm changing. What if they make fun of my body? What if they laugh about it with other people when I have visitors ): I'm too self conscious for this lmao.

I would talk to all the carnivores to get the inside info on what animals are more delicious than others.

I'd probably still eat them, My question is would it be illegal if you had 2 animals agreeing to fight one another. Could make for some interesting match ups yet is it animal cruelty even tho they agreed to fight for a prize.

Back