Would you still eat meat if animals could talk?

Generally speaking, the rule is you don't eat smart animals. I guess in some places you do but in my part of the world you don't eat dolphins, elephants, horses, dogs, etc. because they are more intelligent. We eat the dumb ones like chickens and cows. So I guess it would actually be harder to eat an animal that can communicate.

Have you ever spent time around a horse?

Contrary to what a vegan would say, eating meat is vital to human diet so yeah np. If anything it will make people more appreciative of the sacrifice of the animal for our survival. The old hunters way always gives the highest of reverence and appreciation to the prey. Supermarkets take that away.

red-green_o_2550775.jpg

Probably.

Plenty of whales talk, and there are guys out there who eat them.

Saw this topic brought up the other day on a Toronto morning show, thought it was interesting.

A "futurologist" (whatever the hell that is) states that an implant could be developed by 2050 that gives animals the ability to speak to us.

So from this, they speculate whether or not animals having a voice humanizes them and will it make you think twice about gobbling down their delicious carcass?

Excerpt from the article

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-eat-meat-if-animals-could-talk-a6866761.html

For myself, I'm too far gone to change. Like Vincent Vega said, "but bacon tastes good, pork chops taste good"

What say you Sherdoggy?
Animals are awesome, loving, super cute when young, adorable, and can obviously communicate...I think we'll quickly get over the whole faux-talking-via-forced-implant speed bump.

More likely that a technological device emerges first in a way that makes all vegans able to communicate non-condescendingly with regular humans. And we all know that aint happening

Contrary to what a vegan would say, eating meat is vital to human diet so yeah np. If anything it will make people more appreciative of the sacrifice of the animal for our survival. The old hunters way always gives the highest of reverence and appreciation to the prey. Supermarkets take that away.
As much as I love meat, there is no reason we have to eat meat to be healthy. You can absolutely sustain thrive on a vegan diet. So your statement is false.

That said, I just got done eating a bacon cheeseburger, and I got steak on the menu tonight

No because being able to communicate with speech implies intelligence and self awareness. I don't want to eat sentient, thinking beings.

As much as I love meat, there is no reason we have to eat meat to be healthy. You can absolutely sustain thrive on a vegan diet. So your statement is false.

That said, I just got done eating a bacon cheeseburger, and I got steak on the menu tonight

Yeah I know, it was more of a dig on vegans, the ones who are strictly plant matter and if Im not mistaken have been scientifically proven to be less healthy than a person with a normal diet. That being said vegans can be healthy but it takes a crapload of knowledge and exacting methods to do so. Even vegetarians supplement with eggs, fish etc.

If they need a device to "talk", then they're not really talking.

Language is one of the things that separates humans from other animals. It takes a giant amount of intelligence to talk and humans are the only animals that can do that.

Would you swat a talking mosquito? All it wants is some of your blood

Can you imagine how fucking dumb a cow would be? I don't think you're going to get a good back and forth going and probably won't walk away chuckling at his final quip...

"Hey cow-bro, how's it shakin?"

Mmmmm... cud....

"OK, right then... you catch the game last night?"

Cheeeeew.... chew, chew chew, chew...

**sigh** "Well I guess I'll just go see what that dumbass chicken's up to..."

Not only would I continue to eat meat. I would do so in front of other animals just to let them know who the king of the castle is.

i%2520have%2520the%2520power.gif

Lol, this thread. But sure, why not) They taste good

Back