Would you stay with a wife that cheated on you for the sake of the kids

I'd have to move out and rent a bachelor pad that was close to my house so I can be there for my boy.
What's the law like in America if the woman cheats? Does she still get half of the man's stuff?
Usually they do. Even when they initiate the divorce and there's no abuse or anything. Getting married here is a gigantic fucking trap tbh.

Usually they do. Even when they initiate the divorce and there's no abuse or anything. Getting married here is a gigantic fucking trap tbh.

Damn. Everything from the "you have to buy a diamond with 3 months pay" lie, that was marketed by diamond companies and is now seen as "tradition", to the custody of the kids and the financial rape from divorce really isn't fair. You have to wonder why it's still like that and there haven't been any changes.

Damn. Everything from the "you have to buy a diamond with 3 months pay" lie, that was marketed by diamond companies and is now seen as "tradition", to the custody of the kids and the financial rape from divorce really isn't fair. You have to wonder why it's still like that and there haven't been any changes.
The culture has just changed SO rapidly here, and people can't keep up much less government and institutions. Honestly the concept of marriage is culturally outdated, but we feel obligated to do it. We're trying to live our parents lives, but at least half of us had miserable parents anyway. I question if anyone should be getting married, much less people in their 20's.

There's simply no way a 20 something understands the enormity of a lifelong commitment. As soon as it stops being fun they will bail. And not only is their no social stigma for it anymore, you're rewarded for just giving up. Seems like we're regressing if anything. Our parents and grandparents wanted to fuck everything with a pulse too, but understood that you either couldn't or had to be very sneaky about it. Because your family comes first. Now everyone just puts themselves first.

<{hughesimpress}>

The culture has just changed SO rapidly here, and people can't keep up much less government and institutions. Honestly the concept of marriage is culturally outdated, but we feel obligated to do it. We're trying to live our parents lives, but at least half of us had miserable parents anyway. I question if anyone should be getting married, much less people in their 20's.

There's simply no way a 20 something understands the enormity of a lifelong commitment. As soon as it stops being fun they will bail. And not only is their no social stigma for it anymore, you're rewarded for just giving up. Seems like we're regressing if anything. Our parents and grandparents wanted to fuck everything with a pulse too, but understood that you either couldn't or had to be very sneaky about it. Because your family comes first. Now everyone just puts themselves first.

<{hughesimpress}>

I'm happily married, but I met my wife when I was in my teens and didn't marry her until I was in my early 30's. No need to rush into it.

I never got why people rush into getting married really young. In the UK people getting married really young tends to be more of a small town thing. Likewise with having kids really young. In London (maybe other big cities too?) people tend to wait until they are in their 30's.

I'm happily married, but I met my wife when I was in my teens and didn't marry her until I was in my early 30's. No need to rush into it.

I never got why people rush into getting married really young. In the UK people getting married really young tends to be more of a small town thing. Likewise with having kids really young. In London (maybe other big cities too?) people tend to wait until they are in their 30's.
I got married at 30, just shy of 31. But I still didn't understand women or relationships. And I married someone that didn't love me. She just said she did, and I decided hey close enough. Of course a lot of that I didn't understand on a conscious level until long afterwards.

I got married at 30, just shy of 31. But I still didn't understand women or relationships. And I married someone that didn't love me. She just said she did, and I decided hey close enough. Of course a lot of that I didn't understand on a conscious level until long afterwards.

The panic can settle in on both sides when men and women hit their 30's, especially for women because of their biological clocks. Easy to see all of your buddies getting married and worried about being the old(ish) single dude that's attending weddings alone and then birthday parties of your friend's children.

The panic can settle in on both sides when men and women hit their 30's, especially for women because of their biological clocks. Easy to see all of your buddies getting married and worried about being the old(ish) single dude that's attending weddings alone and then birthday parties of your friend's children.
Yeah it was a perfect storm when we got together. My life was utter shit and I was basically on the verge of suicide. Late twenties working a shit job for low wages, renting a room. No friends. I'd already given up hope and was just going through the motions. So when we got together, I threw myself into it 300% and really never let myself have emotional distance so I could stop and think about what I was doing.

Probably, but it'd be one open af marriage.

No. Even if you stay together, will it really be a happy and healthy marriage? Probably not, at least not for me. I'd resent her for it and I'd never trust her again. That's gonna be a shit marriage and the kids would pick up on that.

That said, I'm not married and I don't have kids so it may be easy for me to say.

Pretty much, that was the case with one of my cousins and whilst there wasn't much serious agro between her parents she says she'd have preffered them to spilt up.

<{hughesimpress}>

I think everyone is just molded by their experiences. We have never had a divorce in my family. I'm the youngest of 4 kids too at age 36. All my siblings have been married without divorce. My parents didn't divorce, their parents didn't divorce, and their grandparents didn't divorce. I definitely think marriage is the way to go if you have kids or are going to have kids.

I think everyone is just molded by their experiences. We have never had a divorce in my family. I'm the youngest of 4 kids too at age 36. All my siblings have been married without divorce. My parents didn't divorce, their parents didn't divorce, and their grandparents didn't divorce. I definitely think marriage is the way to go if you have kids or are going to have kids.
I'm divorced and nearly every man my age that I know is either in the middle of a divorce, about to get divorced, recovering from a divorce, in a shitty marriage etc. So I'm sure that does influence my opinion on it. I've just seen too many horror stories, and you can have kids without being married and there's no social stigma to it anymore. So I don't personally see it as a reason to get married, but I understand why some do.

I'm divorced and nearly every man my age that I know is either in the middle of a divorce, about to get divorced, recovering from a divorce, in a shitty marriage etc. So I'm sure that does influence my opinion on it. I've just seen too many horror stories, and you can have kids without being married and there's no social stigma to it anymore. So I don't personally see it as a reason to get married, but I understand why some do.

out of curiosity.. what is your age?

I'm 37. Most of the guys I know range from early to late 30's.

hmmm... then I am sorry to say that the people around you are shit at relationship maybe..? or it's just your environment?.. I dunno.

but the people around me that are married are still married. they all have their problems but no divorces in my group of friends so far (which I think is surprisingly rare I know).

a bunch of us are going to Colombia for a bachelor party in a few months though so i'll let you know if anything changes after that.. lol

No theres plenty of pussy in this world, obviously it would hurt but a couple months of pain is better than worrying about my whole future.
Ditch the whore fuck girls at the bars, and stack up

I'm 37. Most of the guys I know range from early to late 30's.

With my friends, I'd say it's pretty close to 50/50. I'd say the common themes for the divorced would be for people who married young and financial troubles.

Only if the doctors were able to reconstruct her face to a reasonable state once I was finished with her, then sure.

Then I’d be a man whore.
What the f

Dump her and move on, touch her and you go to jail

What the f

Dump her and move on, touch her and you go to jail
Nah, I’d go full Joe Pesci on her ass.

I think that you’ve gotten the wrong impression about me.

I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do.

For instance, tomorrow morning, I’ll get up nice and early, take a walk down over to my wife’s place of work and walk in and see and uh, if my wife has been fucking another guy there, I’ll… crack her fuckin’ head wide-open in front of everybody in her place of work.

And just about the time that I’m comin’ out of jail, hopefully, she’ll be coming out of her coma. And guess what?

I’ll split her fuckin’ head open again. ‘Cause I’m fuckin’ stupid. I don’t give a fuck about jail. That’s my business.

Back