Would you stay with a wife that cheated on you for the sake of the kids

Either way the man is fucked:

He stays - his self respect is gone, trust is gone, misery ahead

He goes - she gets primary custody, she turns kids against him

This a horrible scenario

Last edited:
I personally know someone whose wife cheated on him and he stayed because of the kids.

If you’ve been together with your wife for a long time, several kids and all and she cheated on you, knowing that it would mess up the kids, would you try to work it out? You’ve already invested so much time into the family, only to start from scratch just because she had a one night stand.
o_O {<huh}<Huh2> <{clintugh}><{katwhu}><SelenaWow><YeahOKJen>

Why would a wife cheat for the sake of the kids?

The kids were worried about mommy's sanity because daddy has erectile dysfunction. Now they can sleep easy because mommy's less stressful these days.

Lol you took my joke, bro.

Back to the question, no, I would not because that would considered necrophilia, since I would have killed them both....

Lol you took my joke, bro.

Back to the question, no, I would not because that would considered necrophilia, since I would have killed them both....
didn't you hear, bro? killing the guy who is banging your wife is illogical and wrong ;)

Why teach the kids to stay in a relationship where the two participants don't respect each other?

I personally know someone whose wife cheated on him and he stayed because of the kids.

If you’ve been together with your wife for a long time, several kids and all and she cheated on you, knowing that it would mess up the kids, would you try to work it out? You’ve already invested so much time into the family, only to start from scratch just because she had a one night stand.

No

Kids are smarter that people give them credit, they'll sense the disharmony one way or another. And obviously the parents will be miserable, and that will translate as well. I don't see it as a foregone conclusion that splitting up messes up the kids. Temporarily, maybe, I'm not convinced it would long term.

Sure if you want your children to be fucked up.

Best to show that you have self respect and move on.

But never ever stop being a father to your kids no matter how hard it is or how much you get insulted. That's what makes you a man at the end of the day

The kids were worried about mommy's sanity because daddy has erectile dysfunction. Now they can sleep easy because mommy's less stressful these days.
AntonioBanderes.gif

Can anybody change or make a mistake? Are you permanently defined by one bad choice?

Is there a way to differentiate somebody who made one bad choice and somebody who is chronic cheater?

Let’s flip question. You get married. You get drunk with your buds and bang some chick. Wife catches you. Divorce or forgive?

No chance, but I wouldn't leave the house, either. I would sue for physical custody and proly have to settle for joint physical.

There may be some really extraordinary circumstances that would change my mind, but on general principle, Hell no!

Trust is hard enough to rebuild on a regular betrayal.

No chance, but I wouldn't leave the house, either. I would sue for physical custody and proly have to settle for joint physical.

There may be some really extraordinary circumstances that would change my mind, but on general principle, Hell no!

Trust is hard enough to rebuild on a regular betrayal.
what kind of circumstance?

Honestly, in most cases the kids are better off splitting time between parents than having to live in a toxic environment where one person would do this to another. Everything in the world is not black and white, but there is very little gray in these situations.

Cheating is usually one of the symptoms of something very wrong. Did they build a whole relationship with someone outside of marriage and cheat or is it a one night stand? Do you really want to be someone who fits in either category or anything in between?

Not me.

I don't want to be around a spouse, friends or family that I do not trust. There is usually a "good behavior" period followed by something worse. Almost always.

what kind of circumstance?

Nothing comes to mind, but I don't like dealing in absolutes in human relationships either. Personally, I very firmly believe trust is the foundation of any relationship and cut out or ignore anyone I do not trust.

Back