Would you stay with a wife that cheated on you for the sake of the kids

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I personally know someone whose wife cheated on him and he stayed because of the kids.

If you’ve been together with your wife for a long time, several kids and all and she cheated on you, knowing that it would mess up the kids, would you try to work it out? You’ve already invested so much time into the family, only to start from scratch just because she had a one night stand.

Only if I didn't love her anymore and had a side chick.

No. Even if you stay together, will it really be a happy and healthy marriage? Probably not, at least not for me. I'd resent her for it and I'd never trust her again. That's gonna be a shit marriage and the kids would pick up on that.

That said, I'm not married and I don't have kids so it may be easy for me to say.

I'd stay and get her a generous life insurance policy.

Let's go rock climbing honey!

I have a friend that cheated on his wife nearly 10 years ago and they stayed together. The retarded thing is they didn't do it for the kids. They did it for the fucking church. Their relationship is a disaster and they literally hate each other and as much as he's a friend of mine he deserves it for being a DB but the kids don't. They should have split up years ago but they can't because of the harm it will cause them with the church. Redonkulas!!

Is this "someone" you, because your 2nd paragraph sounds like you're trying to rationalize staying?

The obvious answer is hell no. What you're describing is a house where the dad is literally a cuckold with no self respect, the mom is a whore who doesn't respect him either and will obviously continue to cheat since there aren't any consequences for it and they have a resentful marriage with 0 trust with the dad tossing and turning wondering what his wife is up to. I'm having a hard time seeing how that's more beneficial to the kids than seeking custody and finding a legitimate relationship that's a better example for the kids.

If your wife cheats on you she doesn’t respect you or care about you at all.

Only if the doctors were able to reconstruct her face to a reasonable state once I was finished with her, then sure.

Then I’d be a man whore.

My wife's good friend caught her husband cheating with some chick at the gym.
She kicked him out for a week then let him back.

hell no, can you even imagine the power that whore would feel about herself after you let her get away with that shit and staying?

No. It's not healthy for the kids to see dad treating mom like the whore she is, better to live in different places.

No. It's not healthy for the kids to see dad treating mom like the whore she is, better to live in different places.

Get the kids to call her a whore as well and being at home in the evenings will be a little more bearable.

Nope. Staying would be worse for the kids.

I personally know someone whose wife cheated on him and he stayed because of the kids.

If you’ve been together with your wife for a long time, several kids and all and she cheated on you, knowing that it would mess up the kids, would you try to work it out? You’ve already invested so much time into the family, only to start from scratch just because she had a one night stand.
Why would it mess up the kids staying together?

In many cases as long as there was true regret on her side and she makes up for it the kids will be better off.

Unless you fight about it in front of them, or can’t move past it and treat each other like shit they won’t know.

And she owes you a hall pass, this will help depending on your mentality.

If you can both move forward , stay.

If she’s a cheating cunt that makes a habit of it that’s different.

Back