Would you say "Matt Brown's win streak is just from the right opponents"?

You can't deny it's not amazing, especially considering where he was before. But he was definitely brought along very slowly.

I just think Condit is a step too far up for him.

I've always thought Matt brown had no business in the ufc and he's proven me wrong time and time again. Can't wait to see his condit fight!

KOing Pyle and Mein is nothing to scoff at. The rest are meh.

I'm calling it now, IF he wins impressively against Condit, they will give him the next title shot. I can see it. You never know how they give title shots these days

Pretty much.

Rory, GSP, Big Rig, Condit etc would have all accomplished the same thing.

That's not to take away from what Brown has achieved. You could write a longer list of WW's who couldn't have accomplished that streak.

Let's see how he fares against NBK. It'll reveal where he's at.

Brown has won 6/6 (5 by finish) against decent opposition - either way you carve it, its a fantastic streak. He's really turned it around and is awesome to watch.

Going from Pyle to Condit however is going to be too much IMO, Carlos is too hard to hurt, highly skilled and simply won't wilt or relent.

Its like Brown is facing a higher level version of himself TBH, one thats been fighting top 5 WW's and acquitting himself extremely well.

In a way, but a 6 fight win streak is always going to be impressive in the UFC.

It actually seems quite similar to Hunt's run and now he faces JDS (Condit).

matt brown has looked great

against technical strikers or are not at home when they dont get to settle or dictate the pace and fall under the pressure of a dog fight

Stringing wins in the UFC is no easy accomplishment so props to him but on that note I feel he won fights we kinda knew he could win any time he faces a big name he gets finished this is another one of those call it what u want situations

No, because he could only fight the guys in front of him, and beat two respectable top 20 opponents in Mein and Pyle. He hasn't fought top guys, and he wouldn't have won all 6 in a row if he had, but he has fought well and been brought along at a reasonable pace.

Until now.

Condit is a huge leap up and Matt wont be able to compete. Still, it will hopefully stop him calling out GSP.

Pretty sure Brown will be using the same strategy he used against Wonderboy for Condit.

Mein is his best win so far. I consider him to be better than Pyle.
However, Condit is just too good for Brown. I just don't see how Brown could beat Condit. Condit has the better striking, better gas tank, has great TDD and once he gets taken down, he's very, very active off his back. Condit 30-27.

He proved me wrong a few times, not gonna doubt him again.
Modern day Rocky, and I like it :icon_excl

(Don't think he'll beat Condit but I can't wait to see him try)

Any win streak is because you got the right opponents, in retrospect. But was it a given he'd beat them all before the fact? Nope.

reminds me a lot of the George Sotiropolous situation a few years ago. came off TUF, put a good run of wins together, couple of good but not spectacular wins, and then people started talking about him as a contender. Guy took a step up and lost 3 on the bounce.

i hope Matt does better, i love the guys heart and character, its a great story, i hope he's getting his money and dues, but i dont see any fairytales on the horizon

I've always thought Matt brown had no business in the ufc and he's proven me wrong time and time again. Can't wait to see his condit fight!
he's got the coolest nickname in UFC, gotta keep him no matter what

I like Matt brown and love his style but I think he stands next to no chance against condit. Brown has looked good his last couple of fights against decent competition but condit has been fighting top 10 guys for as long I can remember. If Carlos is serious about this fight, and he will be, he finishes brown by submission by the end if the 2nd.

Back