Would you replace Mike Goldberg with Gus Johnson?

Joe Rogan without Mike Goldberg is like Penn without Teller

No, Gus was awful. Although, if he promises to wear his joker lipstick he can replace Anik.

Gus did an amazing job in the Diaz v Daley fight. But then again that was the only fight i've heard him cover.

yes!
johnson going for the ko!!!!!!johnson pouring it on!!!!! hes outtttttttttttttttt of hissss mind!!!!!

As bad as Goldie is he is twice better than Johnson.

Rather have Mauro. He's awkward too but not as bad.

I'd rather have Tito than Mauro. At least Tito's bad in a funny way. Mauro is just bad. Well, not just bad, he's the fucking worst.

Nah he has good chemistry with Rogan at this point.

I'd rather have Todd Harris from the WEC. I thought he was great. I'd also rather have Sean Wheelock from Bellator. Both are infinitely better than Goldie.

To answer the question, yes, I'd rather have Gus than Goldie. It's true that Gus wasn't great. However, he was essentially learning on the job. I don't expect anybody to be very good when they first start, but given the fact that he's a fantastic sports commentator in general, I suspect that he would have developed into a quality MMA commentator. Goldie, on the other hand, has been doing this forever, and he's still terrible. It's not just the mistakes that he makes, or the off-the-wall comments regarding someone's precision being precise or being the Jordan of BJJ. He's also super cheesy.

In sum, Goldie has his run. It's now time to turn it over to someone who can bring more legitimacy to the position. My vote would be Todd Harris, but I'd settle for Gus.

Gus & Rampage would be a good team

Yes! Replace Goldberg's purple vest with Johnson's purple lipstick. Gus Johnson has many classic calls, for example his legendary commentary of the Kimbo Slice/Seth Petruzelli

Gus Johnson is horrible. He gets way too loud, way too often. I actually like Mike Goldberg. Goldberg is a million times better than Gus Johnson, for me.

Hell to the naw

Goldberg is comical with his stupidity where as Gus is just embarrassing.

Back