Would you rather.....

If I had to pay for that PPV, then the weigh ins...for free, I'd watch the PPV (but then it wouldn't be a PayPerView, so I guess the FPV...but I digress).

Did you mean a poor undercard or just mm fighting someone?

Thread title should have been "please self identify as WWE tard in this thread".

I don't care about MM because he's a tiny manlet, but it's a fight featuring one of the best fighters in his weight class. And the other is a fucking weigh in, who the fuck even watches that shit?

Weigh-ins. I don't care about MM.

I don't have to care about all fights and I don't need some puritanical badge of honour because I'm not invested in MM.

Unfortunately I do have to think you're a goof though.

It actually sucks ass that mma fans are so stupid and shallow with the lower weight classes. the fights are great mighty mouse always brings it.

Unfortunately I do have to think you're a goof though.

It actually sucks ass that mma fans are so stupid and shallow with the lower weight classes. the fights are great mighty mouse always brings it.

Weigh-ins are an extension of a fight's build-up. The build-up has already been huge.

Independently of weigh-ins, Jon Jones vs. Cormier is a more interesting fight than MM vs. anyone by a large magnitude.

So if I select the option that will feather the enjoyment of the independently better fight, you can keep crying about the reception of the lower weight classes while I happily be called a "goof" (real hurtful by the way). :redface:

I'm not a mm fan at all but any fight especially live ppv's are better than dudes getting weighed

Weigh-ins are an extension of a fight's build-up. The build-up has already been huge.

Independently of weigh-ins, Jon Jones vs. Cormier is a more interesting fight than MM vs. anyone by a large magnitude.

So if I select the option that will feather the enjoyment of the independently better fight, you can keep crying and say the reception for the lower weight classes sucks while I happily be called a "goof" (real hurtful by the way). :redface:

Instagram photos and tweets are an extension of a fight's build-up. Presumably you'd rather read all of Jones tweets than watch MM fight as well. You're a real goof.

You presumed wrongly. Not all extensions are equal.

Do tell what the appeal of the weigh ins is, please. It seems like if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

DC will step on the scales. He'll make weight.
Jones will do likewise.
They'll confront each other and choose 1 out of the handful of alpha poses available.
Dana White will look like a pompous ass in the middle of it all, as always.

So exciting.

Not a fan of weigh-ins. Not a fan of children's weight classes.

You can keep them both. I'll go do some Math.

Do tell what the appeal of the weigh ins is, please. It seems like if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

DC will step on the scales. He'll make weight.
Jones will do likewise.
They'll confront each other and choose 1 out of the handful of alpha poses available.
Dana White will look like a pompous ass in the middle of it all, as always.

So exciting.

Not a part of my point, but if you see the third option here http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=15903 and the first, well...

Anyway, I could tell you what appeals to me, but it wouldn't persuade you. My goal wasn't to come in here and say "This is why you ought to prefer the weigh-ins over an MM match."

I'm only explaining to you why I picked the weigh-in over an MM match. If you want to poke a hole in that explanation, feel free.

So if I select the option that will feather the enjoyment of the independently better fight, you can keep crying about the reception of the lower weight classes while I happily be called a "goof" (real hurtful by the way). :redface:

Sorry I just can't wrap my head around it, I feel like some people like the drama a bit more than the like the actual sport.

Sorry I just can't wrap my head around it, I feel like some people like the drama a bit more than the like the actual sport.

I can like the actual sport all I want but I don't care about the ins and outs of the flyweight division.

It's not like I can consume all the content I want, so I'll limit it to what maximizes my experience. Dividing attention to MM detracts from that. If he wins, I wouldn't care. If he loses, I wouldn't care. With the time I have, I'll invest it in fighters whose careers I'll actually follow, who are in divisions I regularly watch.

And okay, it's not my problem if you're having trouble wrapping your head around something. Deal with it. I have trouble caring about the flyweight division, so I stopped watching it. I might suggest not pointlessly ruminating, but up to you.

P.S. The alternative doesn't have to be limited to weigh-in drama. I don't require drama. That's your assumption. I could go watch scrum or interview or even another fight instead, as long as it relates to the people who are keeping me coming back to ultimately consume fight content. Which sure as hell isn't MM.

Last edited:
Back