Would you rather...?

jtucker

White Belt
Reaction score
Suppose you actually got in a fight in real life (I know, I know, you would never get into that situation in the first place, blah blah blah, but suppose you did) would you rather beat someone by a choke or a joint lock/break? Why?

Choke. Ends the fight no matter how much he wants to hold out, or how big and strong he is. No bruises and no injuries, therefore less likely to have legal ramifications.

As my teacher says, you gotta get the guy's back, put a kiss on his neck, then put him to sleep. I'm not so sure about the kiss, but sounds better than bursting a dude's ligaments.

I would get anything I can get but a choke is preferable because I wouldn't feel bad choking him out, I would feel bad breaking somebodies bones but I would do it anyways without hesitation.

Choke. Ends the fight no matter how much he wants to hold out, or how big and strong he is. No bruises and no injuries, therefore less likely to have legal ramifications.

Couldn't have said it better. Broken arms = lawsuits.

Choke is the obvious answer here.

Puts em out cold, gives you enough time to get away before they realized what happened, leaves no injuries and a guy with a broken arm can still punch you with the other one.

Plus think about how cool you will look when you stand up off the ground and the other guy is sleeping on the pavement :/

put him to sleep and then wake him up with strikes to the head to ensure that he is ok.

choke, then I can write shit on his face with a sharpee while he is out.

thats like saying would you want $1000 in cash or $1000 wired to your checking account. can't go wrong with either.

I say choke because of the very real possibility that the person could shit themselves. This would add insult to injury for picking a fight with me and losing.

Choke is actually worse for you in terms of legality if you were to get caught. The law is generally ignorant about how a chokehold actually works, and in many states considers it attempted murder. Meanwhile an armbar would just be assault.

Choke is actually worse for you in terms of legality if you were to get caught. The law is generally ignorant about how a chokehold actually works, and in many states considers it attempted murder. Meanwhile an armbar would just be assault.

This is true until an actual lawyer gets involved. Once the prosecutor is shown that chokes are controlled devices to render a person harmless, it would be over.

Choke. I would only break something if I fought the guy again when he came through. Some people are stubborn and wont give up.

choke, then I can write shit on his face with a sharpee while he is out.

Wonder if this guy got choked?

cowboyshaming.jpg

Choke out, pull his pants down to his ankles, leave him face down in the street and let him figure it all out once he wakes up.

arm break if it is a random street fight. Because if it is someone you do not know, the odds are that he will not find out who you are and the arm break will register enough pain to have him think twice of doing that again to someone.

Probably a choke. I wouldn't wanna give the guy a 6 month reason (wrapped up in a cast) to hunt me down later

Back