Would you rather work 4 10s or the traditional 5 8s?

I think it depends on the job, I've worked both of them and 4 10's in an office environment sucks, getting there before everyone else and leaving after them really starts wearing on you after a while.

In my current job, I'd love to work 4 10's (especially since my wife works 3-12's night shift as a nurse on my days off)

I work a 9/80: Nine hour days with every other friday off.

As a single guy, it kinda sucks that everything is closed when I get off. Means that most of my non-work business has to be done on the weekends. That said, for EVERY friday off, I might be able to deal with it. For me, I notice the extra hour. It bothers me that in winter, I never see the Sun on weekdays.

Honestly, I'd be willing to sacrifice the off friday to get off earlier every day. On the other hand, a 4/10 with all fridays off is worth it too. I guess what I'm saying is that both schedules are better than mine.

I work 4-10s, and when the workload requires it, 5-10s, and even 6-10s sometimes... There is a threat of a potential schedule of 12s... :eek:

4 10s all at the same time.

I actually prefer the 5 8s as it helps me to keep a eating/workout routine. One more whole day off would probably just mean more drinking and eating badly for me.

Pretty sure the majority would take 4 10s if they could. It makes more sense to just suck it up and do the extra two in order to get a whole extra day off, It makes half your week off!

shit, i would work 48 hours non stop and be off the remainder of the week if that were offered.

it's not, nor is the 4x10 but i would without a doubt do the 4x10. i would have a short vacation to the lake every weekend

I don't think I could work 10 hour days unless it were a job with a lot of physical demands. I'm used to hitting the gym everyday after work.

Used to work 4/10s and loved it! Less commuting, less paying for lunch out and 50+ extra days off a year.

four ten's would be my preference.

after eight hours of work, two more isn't usually a big deal, and i would assume that you'd get used to it.

four ten's would be my preference.

after eight hours of work, two more isn't usually a big deal, and i would assume that you'd get used to it.

Yeah, 10 hour days aren't a thing at all, really. Just move lunch so you don't get a 7 hour stretch at the end of the day.
I find that 14 is my max. After that I'm just not nearly as productive anymore.

My Dept. is considering moving to 2/24's with three days in between. God that would be sweet!

Right now we are on this 2on-1off-2on-3off schedule.

Back