Would you rather work 4 10s or the traditional 5 8s?

I feel like 5x10 is my normal schedule so what the hell I'll take a day off lol.

I work 4x10hrs. The 3 days off makes the biggest difference to me, and I get alot of shit done. Only thing is I gotta train at odd hours on my work days...7am or 9pm.

Last restaurant I opened I was working 120 hours a week for 4 weeks. After that it went down to 80 hours a week. 2 months later it was down to 65 hours a week. 4 10's is simple. I would take that any day of the week. My salary was great for my age but when I broke it down into an hourly rate it was just laughable.

5x8 since that's what most everyone else works. having a day off with absolutely nothing to do isn't that great, and no one will go out with you the night before. you'll hate the 4 days you have to work 10 hours, and youll have little time to yourself when you get home.

I work five 24 hr shifts a week and get paid 65 hours no overtime

Stop bitching

Sounds like a fireman to me.

I hope not. 2 of my 3 best friends are Firemen and they typically 2 on, 5 off. Then the following week is 3 on, 4 off. All are 24 hour shift and they get overtime. Shit my best friend works that and picks up about 2 days a month of over time and that puts him up about $15 to $20 grand a year in OT pay.

I get shit done. I'll often work 12-15hr days for a week and a half & then not have a job to start for another week or so ....

Whatever it takes, folk dont like Construction workers taking root in their home & the quicker i'm done the more cash i make & the happier they are. Win/win.

I work 4x10, Sunday-Wednesday. I prefer it overall but it's true on workdays you don't have a lot of free time. 5x8's you can still catch a movie or something on work day. Can't really do it on 4x10's

I wouldn't mind working 3 12s like cops and/or hospital workers do. That would be the shit, imo.

Back