Would you rather work 4 10s or the traditional 5 8s?

BrutalBoy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The 3 day weekends sound good, but doing 4 10s, I might not be able to get anything else done on workdays.

Anyone here work 4 10s? pros/cons

I'd definitely do 4 10's.

Hell I've had 14 straight 12-14s before it all depends what my deadlines are.

One week last year I had this stretch.

Sun-8
Mon-12
Tues-14
Wed-18
Thurs -20
Fri -7am flight home.

4x10, no question

Last edited:
I work 10 hour days or 14 hours nights. I only have to work 8 shifts a month to keep accruing seniority, but I can work as few as 1 shift every three months and I can't get fired. I set my own schedule on a month by month basis, and can work as many as 30 shifts a month. Be jealous. Be very jealous.

Right now I do 5X12's so sure I would.

Depends on the hours. My old job we did 4 10's. the hours were from 5am-3:30pm. It was horrible. Work was about 40 min from home. Getting up at 3:45 in the morning 4 days a week blows ass.

Depends on the hours. My old job we did 4 10's. the hours were from 5am-3:30pm. It was horrible. Work was about 40 min from home. Getting up at 3:45 in the morning 4 days a week blows ass.

the 4 10s is suppose to be 6-5
the 5 8s is 8-5

I'm somewhere in between. I work four 9 hr days and on Fridays I work 4 hrs and leave at lunch, giving me a free Friday afternoon.

the entire set ''work day'' theory is flawed and leads to massive inefficiencies and wasted time/money. we need a complete overhaul of the entire system.

but to answer , fuck a 5 day work week.

I work 10 hour days or 14 hours nights. I only have to work 8 shifts a month to keep accruing seniority, but I can work as few as 1 shift every three months and I can't get fired. I set my own schedule on a month by month basis, and can work as many as 30 shifts a month. Be jealous. Be very jealous.

What the fuck do you do?

3 days a week I work 4 am to 10 am. 2 days a I work 4 am to 12-30 am. I love my shift.

the 4 10s is suppose to be 6-5
the 5 8s is 8-5

With those hrs i would prefer the 4 10's. i currently wk rotating shift wk. 12 hr shifts(2 days/2nights) off for 3 1/2 days. Been on this schedule close to 5 yrs and love it.

Done both within the last year and 4 10's is what's up for sure.

5 days for 8 hours. Honestly, I'd rather work 6 days for 6 hours and 40 minutes. With a 30 min. lunch, 8 to 3:10 Monday through Saturday would be just fine with me.

4 10's is the way to go... 3 days off to lounge around is great for me. I love it.

Four tens is much better. If you're underworked, you will become more efficient. If you're overworked, you will get the break you need. If you're already doing a perfectly reasonable amount of work on any given day, you don't exist.

Back