Would you rather see Jones vs. DC or Jones vs. Gus II next?

Gus first.

DC can wait, but I want to see that fight too.

as the ufc you would be dumb to not ride the rematch wave, automatic hype

I'd like to see DC vs both eventually and it will be either depending on who's champ? They will have to face a complete fighter in DC. DC moving to LHW made it a lot more interesting for the division. :icon_chee

Usually when you make a this kind of poll when other fighter have just fought and won impressively the poll will favor that fighter. Cormier is hyped up right now, the timing isnt neutral to ask this question.

To be fair, Hendo was that big of an underdog because Cormier is considered that good, not because Hendo would have been that big of an dog against many fighters at LHW.

True

I personally was surprised to learn it was that high but then again, I don't really pay attention to lines. Has Hendo been a sizable underdogs (not that bad of course) but like against Machida? As much as I hate to say it, I think Hendo is done. And maybe DC is just that good. But whatever the case, I don't see how that fight changed anything in people's minds. Certainly not to the point where they are like "damn, screw seeing Gus/Jones again, we can't wait even one fight, we gotta see DC/Jones now even if it means Gus and Jones may never rematch for the belt"

If DC wasn't next in line for a title shot of the winner I might understand more. But people can't wait one fight (one that has been pretty much the second most anticipated rematch ever if not first with the other being Weidman/Silva) and want DC to leapfrog Gus now I just don't get. Sure it may make people a little more excited to see DC/Jones. But I am not scrapping Jones/Gus because i can't wait one fight. If it was up to me hypothetically of course.

Cormier by a country mile.

Gus should earn a rematch by beating a top 10 opponent.. I'd put him in a title eliminator against Rashad or Rumble while DC fights Jones.

jones vs dc

dc ragdolling jones for 5 rounds would be nice. if dc can't do that, jones eyepoking his way into derailing dc hype train would be nice also. it's a win-win situation.

Back