1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Would you rather see a) 11 rounds of boxing followed by 1 of mma against Mayweather or b) khabib/GSP

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Jpenwell14, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Personally I don't see any of it happening. I see khabib best case scenario fighting gaethje in fight 30 and retiring on top. And I don't even think that is likely.

For the pure spectacle, I'd love to watch khabib try to survive 11 rounds just to maul floyd Mayweather for a full 5 minutes. That's a pretty bold statement by khabib considering the questions about his gas tank.

For the actual legacy I'd like to see. Khabib vs GSP at 155. That's a pretty bold statement by him also, considering their skill sets and how they match up.

I'm not a khabib fan though, although I am a conor hater. I just wonder what the khabib fans and Conor haters think about these propositions?

2. Klaavical Red Belt

I'd love to see Khabeeb KTFO actually straight boxing

3. EXOICHO PRIDE

khabib/GSP no question

Seeing that dagestani get humbled would be hilarious

4. Kind of a bitch move by Mayweather though honestly. Coming out of retirement to box a non striker for a paycheck?

5. acannxr Red Belt

Couldn't Khabib just run around for 11 rounds and not throw any punches? And when Floyd got close just clinch with him?

It'd be an ugly 11 rounds, but Floyd would probably just throw in the towel before the 12th began (this type of match wouldn't be counted as a boxing nor mma bout, so Floyd wouldn't care about the so-called "loss").

6. 20falarVerdades Silver Belt

Obviously the Floyd fight, it would be very entertaining. Floyd would be looking for the KO from the very beginning

I don't think GSP vs Khabib would be entertaining. The Canadian would probably try to come up with a "smart" yet boring gameplan to outpoint Khabib, so yeah ...

7. Sprawl in open space and jab.

The only question is who has the tools to pull it off. Obviously GSP

8. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

Preferably neither.

9. mmacasualviewer Hardcores vs Casuals

People will pay more to hear 11 minutes of Floyd or Conor speaking than any PPV fight offered by anyone else on the UFC roster.

10. dc007 mr. white belt

I would much rather watch GSP smesh than Khabib get KO'd in 2 rounds.

11. Da Boss Gettin nasty, Bro

Kabob daddy the one calling for it dummy

12. Da Boss Gettin nasty, Bro

13. Cylence Flying Arlovski Belt

Listen, I get that Floyd is old and has always been pillow fisted, and I also get that Khabib doesn't exactly have the worst defense in the world, but there is absolutely no way that he could last 11 rounds with Mayweather under straight boxing rules.

Floyd, fearing that MMA round, would stop him rather early. It wouldn't be like the Conor fight. He would not make a show of it, and would be slinging sharp shots at Khabib until he was either TKO'd or flat KO'd. I give Khabib no more than six rounds in this scenerio, and I feel like I'm being generous.

If I have to choose, I guess the GSP fight because it's not a freak show, and

But honestly, I don't want to see either happen. GSP should probably stay retired, he'll be 39 in a few months, and has nothing left to prove. Khabib should continue to focus on his legacy. He will become the greatest lightweight of all time if he beats Tony, and he can solidify it with a win over Gaethje, or Conor in a rematch, if Conor happens to beat Gaethje.

14. dabouv Purple Belt

Floyd tagged Conor as soon as he wanted. He carried him. He could have won in two. Floyd is old but still way better hands than any mma fighter. I didn’t buy the first and wouldn’t buy a second. It’s spectacle and a cash grab .

15. ostlerrage Banned Banned

khabib is a horrible striker. He only lands because of the fear of his takedowns. I dont think he would actually land a punch vs mayweather. Oh and so much for khabib only fighting for his legacy.

16. SyranIncel Yellow Belt

What I wanna see is Tony decapitate Khabib head so that him, his father and his fans gets a little humbling and stop with this bs

And I like Khabib

17. Safton Brown Belt

The Floyd fight would be a novelty spectacle, nothing more. The boxing would be a one-sided clusterfuck to the point I'm not sure it would even make it to the MMA round. Freak show, really.

Khabib vs. GSP would actually be interesting and answer questions that a lot of fans have asked. I'd rather not see it at 155, though.

18. No I meant a boxing only match that dude said he would like, would be a bitch move

19. Paulsp Black Belt

Definitely vs gsp

khabibs sloppy, goofy striking works amazing in mma because of the takedown threat. mayweather would embarrass him and khabib would cry tears like when he lost that sambo match

20. Jojomojo Brown Belt

Obv vs GSP.
    Whats with the obsession with boxers anyway? For the fighters i get it (Money), but the fans? Seriously who wants to see that bs?