Would you rather be single or....

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
be married to someone you like but don't love?

Love is something you should definitely feel especially the first years of marriage because its going to be hard to get used to each other so the feeling that love causes sometimes will be the only thing that will keep you pushing forward in trying to make things work... Sex is very important too in these first years and love is going to feel more like a passionate strong feeling

However after a while marriage turns into a relationship of complicity and being comfortable with each other. You just like to share your life with that person and it doesnt feel the same way with anybody else. Love is not associated with passion anymore, you still feel it but its a more peaceful feeling, it doesnt feel so strong it just feels very comfortable

Im not old enough to know what love feels like when you are very old but looking at old people I think love becomes something even more peaceful than in the other previous stages, I think it becomes more like a frienship, the most important friendship of your life. You really become life partners in every sense of the word.

With everything I wrote what I mean to say is YOU probably have an idea of what love is that will change throughout your live, in reality love is just a feeling that can feel for your parents, for your dog, for a good friend.... love is not these gigantic thing that you think it is. At this point in your life love is more associated with passion, and you should definitely feel that, but keep in mind that will change, you will change and so does she. Think if this person still makes for a good partner if you take the passion out as well, because if you are thinking of her long term, you will get there and the relationship has to work without passion as well.

Most people are not mature enough to understand what marriage is, thats why people are so fast to say is shit, it doesnt work and bla bla bla... marriage works but you are probably wrong about what it means and the idea that you associate with love when you are young will change, but you dont understand that yet. Only that idea of love as passion will not be enough to sustain a life relationship like marriage is.... good luck bud!

Love isn't what most people think it is, love is accepting you hate each other but will still wipe each others asses and clean each others wounds if necessary.

Love is something you should definitely feel especially the first years of marriage because its going to be hard to get used to each other so the feeling that love causes sometimes will be the only thing that will keep you pushing forward in trying to make things work... Sex is very important too in these first years and love is going to feel more like a passionate strong feeling

However after a while marriage turns into a relationship of complicity and being comfortable with each other. You just like to share your life with that person and it doesnt feel the same way with anybody else. Love is not associated with passion anymore, you still feel it but its a more peaceful feeling, it doesnt feel so strong it just feels very comfortable

Im not old enough to know what love feels like when you are very old but looking at old people I think love becomes something even more peaceful than in the other previous stages, I think it becomes more like a frienship, the most important friendship of your life. You really become life partners in every sense of the word.

With everything I wrote what I mean to say is YOU probably have an idea of what love is that will change throughout your live, in reality love is just a feeling that can feel for your parents, for your dog, for a good friend.... love is not these gigantic thing that you think it is. At this point in your life love is more associated with passion, and you should definitely feel that, but keep in mind that will change, you will change and so does she. Think if this person still makes for a good partner if you take the passion out as well, because if you are thinking of her long term, you will get there and the relationship has to work without passion as well.

Most people are not mature enough to understand what marriage is, thats why people are so fast to say is shit, it doesnt work and bla bla bla... marriage works but you are probably wrong about what it means and the idea that you associate with love when you are young will change, but you dont understand that yet. Only that idea of love as passion will not be enough to sustain a life relationship like marriage is.... good luck bud!

Rather just stick in the first phase lol

And? did you hope that eventually you'll fall in love or wasn't very hopefull? any regrets?

I just got my gf pregnant and felt like I needed to Step up and take responsibility for the child, and the woman. Our families pushed for the marriage as well because of it, and I got a lot of heat from everyone.

Basically an encounter that in my eyes was supposed to be a "pump and dump" escalated because of the kid. No Love behind it. I would say it was simple Passion, lust. Marriage just was the morally right thing to do at that point.

But as a whole I'm happy. We tolerate each other and I have a proper family, Which is what I have always wanted, but I had pictured the road of getting there much differently. Instead, my Life just crashed for a couple years.

We' have a Love/hate relationship, and clashing personalities, but we smooth everything over and learn to compromise and understand each other. Things get better over Time.

It's tough to raise a family, When you yourself haven't fully matured yet. It's a growing process for both of us. We have found our place in Life now, after going through some troubles, and have more Time to work on our relationship. Things are looking good.

Not the way I planned it, but it is what it is.

At least I won't die alone.

<Fedor23>

Last edited by a moderator:
Done both. Apparently, I'm just gonna stay single now. Probably better for everyone really

I guess "like but not love" is what 90% or more long relationship become
Or better, i still consider it love, just not the same type you have first months

The raw chemical power of fresh new sidegirl is someting long time gf can't match
At first you see only cool parts, you just want grab new girl travel world with her, get drunk together and fuck her till dawn every night and feel free of any stable life responsibility

Sidegirl ever have strong first round where they try their best to KTFO you and push you make the switch.
But if you picked well GF, ultimately she ever survive first round and win by UD keeping teh belt
There are things more important than sex that you chose to have only with gf/wife, whole another league above fuck random funny whores

Best woman that make you burn of passion as if you're 24/7 on Pride era juice rarely is the best to share life with

Plus if fun af how sometimes you're willing to do the dirtiest wild shit with sidegirl with zero regrets, but you get super defensive and outraged when she accidently step on something that you perceive as gf exclusive
Or simply sidegirl making fun of gf, that get her instant fuckoff lol

Last edited:
Single.
Marrying someone you like but don't love just seems like asking for trouble down the line.

09be1f09d87565d088dcc496deae3c31.jpg

Back