Would you rather be remembered as a piece of sh*t or not remembered at all?

Infamy is an insult. It's nothing to be proud of. It has a negative connotation to it.

this is why im against coverage of school shooters and terrorist in the media... I feel like a bunch of nobodies (scumbags) want to be remembered for something so they kill innocent people to do it.... Id rather be remembered by a few family members as a good person than like those kids in columbine who murdered to be famous.. Id rather not be known at all than someone who killed innocent kids like that monster in CT a few years back,,,, I know the dudes name because of media coverage but refuse to say it.

besides I think after you are dead its like two generations that remember you... unless you are Lucy or MArlyn monroe no one cares after a few years... famouse or not you have about 20 years of people remembering you .....besides a few..not everyone can be babe ruth or Lucy ball

Take someone like Charles Manson. Lunatic who started a cult and ordered the murders of people. He will go down in History as one of the most famous criminals ever. People write books about him. Would you rather be remembered like that or say die as someone who never really did anything memorable in his life never had kids...etc?I honestly dont know which i would choose.

I started wondering because i have a cousin who is 46 never been married (never had a serious gf i dont think), no kids, overweight, and is poor. I hang out with him frequently though and i always feel bad because i think to myself if he dies the world would be like he never existed. Weird i know but i think that would suck.
Not only do I not care about being remembered,I think on a side note,I'd rather be your cousin than you.

Neither of you have a desire to leave a mark on the world?
No. Whats the point other than feeding your ego. Your ego is so big youre thinking about feeding it when it doesnt even exist anymore

Most of us are really not remembered beyond our family and a few friends anyhow.

so why the hell would you want to be remembered for something heinous?

nsyh8thm0jby.jpg

“Someday I'll be a weather-beaten skull resting on a grass pillow, Serenaded by a stray bird or two. Kings and commoners end up the same, No more enduring than last night's dream.”

Everyone loves me. I'm a sweetie pie. So infamy is out.

I'd rather die anonymous, but loved by my family.

It doesn't matter either way to me really . This is all temporary . Even the idea of " temporary " is temporary .

Back