Would you object to Fedor's FIRST fight in the UFC being for the Heavyweight Title?

Sonnen
Belfort
Diaz
Gustafsson
Condit?

all getting laughable undeserved title shots lately so no a guy who actually has a WINNING streak and one of the greatest MMA guys in the history of the sport getting an immediate title shot would not be a bad thing.

And with Arvloski/Mir on deck, it may end up becoming a reality.

Belfort had undeserved title shot?

If Fedor signs UFC... yes... Fedor vs. Werdum 2.

And I believe he is on a two-fight win streak, officially.

3 fight skid in Zuffa promotions so wont happen. The only immediate title shots were existing zuffa champs in other purchased organisations

Isnt he coming of a losing streak or something? did he beat some cans to get some confidence back? There is really not much of a reputation to rely on, i mean, his last fights on a major organization were loses back in Strikeforce.

Cans? You mean 2 former UFC HW title contenders and an Olympic gold medalist? lol

I don't personally give a shit, but it might not be the optimal situation for Fedor to jump right in after such a long layoff.

My best guess is Dana makes Fedor fight Cain and hopes Cain kills him.

Huge Fedor fan, and yes I would object

It is a stupid business decision. The man has been retired for multiple years. 0 fights, 0 marketing, totally unknown quantity.

Most of all... it is HW. If you can hype people that fucking Schaub and Duffee and new mto hell and back with a single win. Feed him a win to get things rolling and get him acclimated to the cage/fighting again.

Much much smarter than gambling it all on one fight in hopes of getting a mediorce amount of PPV draw.

In theory no, the sport should be about rankings, climb the ladder, gain title shot

But mma and Ufc in particular do whatever they think will give them money, and given opportunities to waaay less deserving peoples

Fedor is the HW legend, and tbh Fedor vs Werdum 2 is the biggest fight avaible and for Fedor may be the only motivation to sign with them

Also Fedor is old, the jump between fights is of months and months and this sport is plagued by training injuries

I say let's do it asap

After, if he win we will see him with Cain, JDS or whoever get there... but Werdum 2 is by far the top priority, it have so many key points

do i object?

im 50/50.

as a mma fan, i dont object at all. i think its the biggest fight to make. it would be insane.

but as a fedor fan, i think he needs a tune up fight to shake off ring jitters and gain some momentum going into the fight. i think werdum might be too much for him right off the bat, and i would hate for his return to be a huge flop.

No objections, but it wouldn't be necessarily wise on Fedor's part

If that's what it takes to sign him, no problem.

Diaz was probably similar with his fight with GSP.

I mean Fedor is the GOAT, if not certainly arguably.

Its technically not deserved, but it would be the best biggest day ever in MMA as far as I'm concerned having Fedor fight in the UFC FINALLY - win or lose, it doesn't matter.

If the UFC gave him Werdum as part of a 3-fight contract, why the hell not.

There easily have been worse title shots given.

With that said, I think he could well get beaten up fighting straight for the title, it would be a huge ask.

Hypothetically speaking of course, If Fedor were to sign with the UFC and he immediately received a title shot at Fabricio Werdum. How would you feel about this? Is it undeserved? Should he have to fight a contender first? Or is his reputation enough to warrant an immediate title opportunity?

Personally, I believe that Fedor is one of, if not they greatest mixed martial artists of all time. When you have someone with his reputation, aura and the fact that he would definitely be motivated to avenge his first legitimate loss. I feel it makes the most interest and business sense.

Take a guy who got finished by Werdum in 1 minute, took a savage prolonged beatdown from Bigfoot Silva, and KO'd in 1 round by 207lbs 40+ years old Hendo.

Give him 3 years or so in the wilderness.

Expect him to come back and face the number 1 heavyweight fighter on the planet, who has been fighting and winning consistently vs top comp for the last few years, and who just annihilated Cain Velasquez in Mexico.

Fucking LUNACY

It's up to the champ really. And Werdum said he would gladly rematch Fedor. To see who the real goat is. (his words) :D

He needs to beat CM punk to get some UFC cred

I would object. Fedor needs to earn his shot, he doesn't deserve to fight Werdum like that.

I like Fedor but I think that a comeback is not going to end well.
He is entering with 2 Jews on his back. Vadim and Jesus. That is a heavy burden, not to mention his lack of drinking.

Werdum will light his ass up. No amount of arctic prep will suffice against high altitude Werdum

cmon
hes just a fighter too
the goat, but still...its unrealistic, even for the ufc

Back