Would you object to Fedor's FIRST fight in the UFC being for the Heavyweight Title?

Is there any bigger fight in the HW division than Fedor vs Werdum 2?

Seriously, is there?

Yeah. I know that I objected for the very reason that Werdum beat Fedor but I can see your perspective, too. Honestly, I just want Fedor to fight top guys. If it breaks some rules or is counter to convention I could not care less. Seeing Fedor fight in the UFC would be so epic that I could forgive almost any shenanigans for it.

Seriously, is there?

This exactly why i wouldn't have a problem. Werdum is champion and there's a history there.

Fedor would be a live dog if that were to happen.

No, this isnt WWE and he isnt the Rock. If you want him to avenge a loss there are 2 other fighters in the UFC he can fight first. You can also gauge if he can still go or not and then put him in the title if they feel it will be at least semi competitive. That would be a better business idea.

Sonnen
Belfort
Diaz
Gustafsson
Condit?

all getting laughable undeserved title shots lately so no a guy who actually has a WINNING streak and one of the greatest MMA guys in the history of the sport getting an immediate title shot would not be a bad thing.

And with Arvloski/Mir on deck, it may end up becoming a reality.

No objection at all.

Would it be 'right' under the current structure of the UFC.....probably not, well definitely not but there are two outcomes.....he wins and then its obvious he didn't need any 'warm up' fights.....or he loses and then it will be 'see, he wasn't ready' either way no harm done to the division

Fedor gave the opportunity to beat him, to many unworthy opponents. I think it's fine that someone returns the favour to him.

No objections at all.

What? That doesn't even make logical sense.. what Fedor accomplished outside the Octagon does not warrent him an instant titleshot nor a shot at Werdum. He has to climb up the ladder like the rest...now ofcourse because of his name value, Dana White will offer a big name HW like Frank Mir or Alistair Overeem or maybe someone that's somewhere along the lines that they think he can beat. Guarentee you Fedor will get crushed by Cain Velasquez and JDS that's for sure. He's not gonna run through Stipe Miocic nor Frank Mir and if Overeem fights intelligently like he did in his last fight, Fedor will struggle against even a drug free Overeem. So don't jump the gun thinking Fedor diservers everything because he returns because he doesn't. Fedor is interested in fighting Werdum but I don't think the UFC would be stupid enough to let him get the title shot. He does not diserve it. And yes, DC would sub Fedor. If Fedor comes to the UFC, Randy might blow his own marbles and might want to come out of retirement just to fight him because its the fight he wanted.

I honestly wouldn't object, and I know that is probably wrong. haha Arlovski and Cain both actually deserve a shot more though to be honest.....

Seriously, is there?

Hendo/Fedor II would be close. AA/Fedor II would also be close as a lot of people had AA winning the fight till he got WTFKOED

I'd love to see JDS v Fedor just because I think it would be a ridiculous war but the Werdum rematch would get the most ratings.

No, this isnt WWE and he isnt the Rock. If you want him to avenge a loss there are 2 other fighters in the UFC he can fight first. You can also gauge if he can still go or not and then put him in the title if they feel it will be at least semi competitive. That would be a better business idea.

Fedor is basically 'The Rock' of MMA. With a bit of marketing, especially with the Pride highlight reel that Zuffa owns and can use to great effect, Fedor vs Wedum or whomever is at the top of the UFC pile would make great business sense. Fedor has a mystique that, even after his bad skid, is still super intriguing. He's also an action fighter. If he can get to the big show and find some success, I think his popularity would explode.

People objecting are probably the same people who got Chael his match with Jones.

What? That doesn't even make logical sense.. what Fedor accomplished outside the Octagon does not warrent him an instant titleshot nor a shot at Werdum. He has to climb up the ladder like the rest...now ofcourse because of his name value, Dana White will offer a big name HW like Frank Mir or Alistair Overeem or maybe someone that's somewhere along the lines that they think he can beat. Guarentee you Fedor will get crushed by Cain Velasquez and JDS that's for sure. He's not gonna run through Stipe Miocic nor Frank Mir and if Overeem fights intelligently like he did in his last fight, Fedor will struggle against even a drug free Overeem. So don't jump the gun thinking Fedor diservers everything because he returns because he doesn't. Fedor is interested in fighting Werdum but I don't think the UFC would be stupid enough to let him get the title shot. He does not diserve it. And yes, DC would sub Fedor. If Fedor comes to the UFC, Randy might blow his own marbles and might want to come out of retirement just to fight him because its the fight he wanted.

I think you may have misread. We were talking about Fedor. J/K - sure he had a skid but he might not be as shot as you think. Look at the old guys tearing up that division. Fedor was better than any of them before and if THEY can improve and refocus and win fights, you bet Fedor can, too. He might even do it better than them.

I agree that DC is actually a tougher out for him than any HW outside the top 3(ish). DC is kind of a nightmare for anybody who is not Jon Jones and his strength and wrestling might really nullify him. I would watch the shit out of that fight, though.

If Werdum has the title, I would have zero problem with it. Rematch would be interesting.
If somebody else has it, than I'd find it a little weird.

i think it would be a much harder sell just coming into a title shot. Given one win, the UFC could easily hype that fight to McGregor levels. Casuals still know about Fedor. But i wouldn't oppose the idea. If you think about it, Arlovski was basically a shoe in for a title shot as well. They could definitely do worse.

I don't think his first fight should be for a title shot, but I wouldn't be shocked and I wouldn't really be upset if he did.

He's fucking fedor!

I wouldn't object to anything Fedor does, people have died in the past for less.

Back