Would you make this trade?

jericksen5

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I have a like new Sig Sauer 1911 TACPAC I posted online for trade. I was looking to trade it for another 1911, but commander sized. However, I just had a guy offer to trade for his good condition PSA AR15. I don't own an AR and have kind of always wanted one, with no particular use in mind. The AR looks to be in perfect working order, doesn't appear to have any cosmetic flaws, and he offered to meet at a local range so we can each test fire the guns.

I haven't done a ton of research on ARs, is this a good trade? My 1911 is going currently for $900 new on most sites online, and $750-$850 used on most sites.

Oh, and the spec according to him:
I am offering a PSA 16'' M4 CMV Chrome-Lined Premium Rifle chambered in 5.56 complete with red dot optic and MBUS rear sight. The specs are as follows:

M4 profile barrel
.750" gas block diameter
M4 feedramps
Forged upper
T-marks
Full auto bolt carrier
Carpenter 158 Bolt
Single stage combat trigger
6-position Mil-spec diameter buffer tube.
Magpul MOE grip

More Spec:

Barrel: 16", Chrome-lined, Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, M4 profile, 5.56 NATO chamber with a 6-groove, 1:7 right-hand twist , chrome-lined bore, High pressure tested and Mag particle inspected, carbine-length gas port, and M4 feedramps. Barrels are finished off with a taper pinned, f-marked, front sight post, standard handguards, and an A2 flash hider.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and a mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer.

Bolt: Bolt is made of Mil-spec shot-peened Carpenter 158 steel. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked per mil-spec. Bolt carrier is parkerized outside, and chrome lined inside.

Will include (5) 10 round magazines.

That seems reasonable in terms of value. Pull up the Palmetto State Armory site and see what they list for.

Value wise I think its a pretty good trade but if the guy is reasonably local get a bit of trigger time on the rifle before you make the deal. Make sure nothing is wrong with it and that you actually like it.

Just an FYI, as of 10 minutes ago you could get a Blem premium upper with a NiB BCG and Charging Handle plus a complete lower for around $600 shipped. Not Familiar with Sig 1911's value but Palmetto has crazy low prices if you catch their sales.

An even better deal would be the Blem upper with the quad rail and cold hammer forged barrel. As I understand it their CHF barrels are made by FN, which is a very good thing.

dude....you need to stop trading off your guns. The sig 1911 tac is sweet.

Also, maybe I missed it, but what sort of "red Dot" is on this rifle???

Theres some there that are absolutely worthless (PSA sells these), if its an aimpoint PRO or something then great deal, if its a shitty PSA red dot, that adds virtually nothing to the value of this AR.

Also, maybe I missed it, but what sort of "red Dot" is on this rifle???

Theres some there that are absolutely worthless (PSA sells these), if its an aimpoint PRO or something then great deal, if its a shitty PSA red dot, that adds virtually nothing to the value of this AR.

It's an aimpoint. Not sure which model.

It's an aimpoint. Not sure which model.

Probably a PRO which is their affordable model (which goes for about 400 bucks), if thats what it has it might be a good deal, those are excellent RD sights.

Back