Would you make this trade?

Trade is going to happen, going to take it to the range Saturday to see how it fires. If all goes well we are going to do a straight trade.

One question for you Glock shooters. I was looking on the Glock website and it recommends that you only fire JHP ammo, and to stay away from lead ammo. Can any of you add to this, will lead ammo fuck this gun up?

Firing only JHP will get expensive, and I'm not sure how indoor ranges feel about JHPs (never tried).

I've almost exclusively fired lead FMJ out of both of my Glocks and have never had a single misfire, mis-feed or jam. As long as you clean it and keep it maintained I don't see an issue.

Yeah, I use FMJ all the time in my Glock. It's no problem.

Trade went through, picked up my Glock last Monday. I honestly feel like i got the better deal here. Now i am shopping for a CZ 97b to replace the Witness .45 i just traded.

Trade is going to happen, going to take it to the range Saturday to see how it fires. If all goes well we are going to do a straight trade.

One question for you Glock shooters. I was looking on the Glock website and it recommends that you only fire JHP ammo, and to stay away from lead ammo. Can any of you add to this, will lead ammo fuck this gun up?

Any jacketed ammo is safe. Lead ammo, however, builds up inside the barrel from fouling, and needs extra attention to clean out. If too much lead builds up, the discharge pressure from firing a bullet could jam the gun, or in the worse case scenario, make it explode.

This seems to be more of a problem with pistols that have polygonal rifling, ie. Glock, H&K and Kahr, since polygonal rifling create more discharge pressure by design. I own a 2nd gen Glock 17 and an HK45 and figured I needed to know this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back