Would you love it or hate it, if Ngannou boxed Tyson Fury?

Would you love it or hate it, if Ngannou boxed Tyson Fury?

• Total voters
I would rather see him fight Wilder. Fury would just give him a boxing lesson.
I agree I rather see that too. However, Wilder gives him a lesson too. Francis has great power and is scary accurate and short(in a good way allows him to land 1st) with a few of his finishing punches. With MMA gloves. However, his overall boxing skill level is severally overrated. As opposed to Wilder who's boxing skill level is criminally underrated with people still spamming the false narrative of him only having one wrinkle to his game.

I feel like if Tyson KO's Ngannou he'll kind of lose his own aura of invincibility. Think about how many Izzy/Pereira gifs are still played to this day despite a different sport. Then Tyson Fury is just such a tank and so good it's going to be hard for me to picture him doing anything besides absolutely picking Ngannou apart in his 1st boxing match ever. If Fury was some 42 year old defensive boxer like Mayweather then perhaps it would be interesting to see if Ngannou could land a punch, but Fury is younger and more in his prime than Ngannou. Not to mention Fury isn't rehabbing an injury like Ngannou or coming off a long layoff.

It's going to go as predicted, but I'd be curious and tune in. 4oz gloves would at least add a tiny bit of competitive appeal

More or less of a mismatch than Nate Diaz vs Khamzat would have been? I'd say more of a mismatch, but it'd be less unfair if that makes sense

I’m not sure it would against a mobile and accurate puncher like fury. It would be a lot easier to find those gaps in nganous defence and land that fight ending shot. Under boxing rules it doesn’t matter what gloves they wear, he’s gonna lose fairly quickly

I agree I rather see that too. However, Wilder gives him a lesson too. Francis has great power and is scary accurate and short(in a good way allows him to land 1st) with a few of his finishing punches. With MMA gloves. However, his overall boxing skill level is severally overrated. As opposed to Wilder who's boxing skill level is criminally underrated with people still spamming the false narrative of him only having one wrinkle to his game.

All of the top 10 would give him a boxing lesson. Most would knock him out. I’ve literally no interest in this fight. Hope it never happens

Do people actually believe Francis can punch harder and/or more accurate in boxing gloves than Wilder?

There’s a thread in the heavies about this. Some people really do believe he’s the hardest hitter in all combat sports? And there are other HW boxers, not names wilder that also hit harder than Francis. Weren’t we told that Conor had p4p power before the Floyd fight! Hardest hitter he’d ever faced apparently. Laughable

I have nothing against Ngannou getting paid. But I'm also a boxing fan. If Fury would stop dicking around we could have the first undisputed HW title fight in decades. This isn't the time to do weird experimental shit.
I agree. Fury should only concentrate on Usyk.

As a big boxing fan I’m not really pumped to see Francis box Tyson. Francis really has no chance to win. He has no jab to work from and won’t be able to touch Tyson.

Ufc champ against Pikey boxing champ in a bare knuckle fight. What's not to love

It would have been a much better fight than Whyte. Even if they both end the same.

Inspired by this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ufc-maintains-he-must-be-able-to-box.4256956/

I see it as a win win situation if he box's Tyson Fury. He's expected to lose and lose badly. Imagine he actually won and knocked out Fury.

That will just make a massive increase in value for the UFC and Ngannou. If he loses it's really not that big a deal.

So why not let him Fury and get it over with?

Fury_Ngannou.png

I mean, if Wilder, an actual boxer with a mean punch couldn't do it, why would someone who gasses out quickly and doesn't have the overall acumen be expected to do any better?
I'd watch, more because of it's carnival show appeal like McGregor vs Mayweather.

It would be a lot of fun let's be honest, and would be hard to explain to casuals that the slightly doughy white guy would school the ripped, massive, intimidating black guy.

Apathetic but I'd watch it.

Have they said this is a boxing match (if it were to happen)? I got the feeling it was some more mixed rules type of thing with the MMA gloves and all.

I mean, if Wilder, an actual boxer with a mean punch couldn't do it, why would someone who gasses out quickly and doesn't have the overall acumen be expected to do any better?
I'd watch, more because of it's carnival show appeal like McGregor vs Mayweather.

Well Wilder proved that Tyson Fury can get touched on the chin if he connects. Tyson Fury is not completely impervious. You never know, but yes Tyson Fury will likely win, I favor him 85/15. But anything can happen, we see that all the time in combat sports and even in sports in general.

They need to a least do it in an octagon with small gloves as a gimmick, but thats too much to ask.
No.

An 8-sided ring with one boxing glove and one MMA glove. That's what will sell the PPVs.

Personally I would like to see it but maybe that's just me, 1) because it would get Ngannou an incredibly pay day and 2) because I would be intrigued to see how Ngannous power translates

Well Wilder proved that Tyson Fury can get touched on the chin if he connects. Tyson Fury is not completely impervious. You never know, but yes Tyson Fury will likely win, I favor him 85/15. But anything can happen, we see that all the time in combat sports and even in sports in general.

Lol at nganou having even a 15% chance. Whatever people think of wilder he was the wbc HW ‘BOXING’ champion. Nganou isn’t even a boxer let alone a world champion. Wilder only landed a handful of meaningful shots in over 30 rounds. As if francis is gonna land a clean, fight ending punch on fury in the few rounds it lasts. Whether he gets knocked out or just plain gases, it isn’t lasting more than 3-4 rounds

If they fought 100 times there no way he wins 15 of those. He may win 1

I'm apathetic, because Fury would beat the shit out of Ngannou. It would make MMA look silly, which is why Uncle Fester doesn't want it. The filthy casuals don't understand either sport, or either man's place in either sport, so they will just think something retarded, like that boxing is superior to MMA. I'd fucking stream it, though.

That's my point though, Wilder has that step-in 1-2 DOWN and that's why he can hit just about anybody with it. Plus he's an actual boxer. Ngannou isn't a boxer, but he is a puncher, so he has, at best a puncher's chance. An MMA-puncher's chance.

I'd hate it, complete joke. Fury should only be fighting Usyk, not wasting time with exhibition and freakshow fights against people from a completely different sport.

Isn't it off the table now? With Francis going back to mma?

Hate it, as I do all these fake fights. What is the fascination with seeing someone who is not a professional boxer fight someone who is a professional boxer?

Back