Would you love it or hate it, if Ngannou boxed Tyson Fury?

Would you love it or hate it, if Ngannou boxed Tyson Fury?

• Total voters
It's going to go as predicted, but I'd be curious and tune in. 4oz gloves would at least add a tiny bit of competitive appeal

More or less of a mismatch than Nate Diaz vs Khamzat would have been? I'd say more of a mismatch, but it'd be less unfair if that makes sense

As an MMA fan, knowing that Ngannou never really wanted to be an MMA fighter kind of sucks. To be fair tho, what is left for Ngannou right now? Trilogy fight with old Stipe? Trilogy with Blaydes (who he already beat twice)? Rematch with Gane? Only reason I don't want to see it is because Ngannou has no boxing experience, however there are no interesting opponents for him in the UFC right now. Might as well get that payday.

Inspired by this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ufc-maintains-he-must-be-able-to-box.4256956/

I see it as a win win situation if he box's Tyson Fury. He's expected to lose and lose badly. Imagine he actually won and knocked out Fury.

That will just make a massive increase in value for the UFC and Ngannou. If he loses it's really not that big a deal.

So why not let him Fury and get it over with?

Fury_Ngannou.png

I want Ngano to get his comeuppance especially after his crotch sniff antics. Wants none of Gane.

This topic shows how fickle, insecure, and narrow minded MMA fans are. Imagine speaking negatively about a man exploring different career opportunities.

Francis is Fickle -- claiming that the door is open but he won't leave; as he contemplates his next move whilst crapping (legitimately or not) on the UFC.

I would be excited if it happened, but I would like to see Deontay Wilder vs. Ngannou and AJ vs. Ngannou. Those would be fun fights.

I don't care, either way.. If it's on while I'm home, I'll tune in.

As fickle as it may be, I'd like to see a top boxer call out an MMA fighter in an MMA fight..
I know Francis is chasing this fight, but my stance remains the same.

I don't care for spectacle; I watch real fights. Obviously, Francis would be taking some CTE for extra cash.

Francis won't be able to pull the tackle and spoon like he did in his last fight, and for someone with this level of technique, the fight clearly wouldn't end well:
QeKOv87.gif

I cant hate on Ngannou getting paid. Other than that I dont really care.
This sums it up for me. Watching best in the world at one sport vs best in the world at a second sport in the second sport is pointless.
Which of these would be most riveting:
Gretzky vs Jordan in basketball?
Ali vs Kobayashi in a hot dog eating contest?
Babe Ruth vs Roger Federer in tennis?

Now Tyson Fury vs Ngannou in ping pong would be facinating.

I’m really tired of freak fights.

it’s nothing more than a quick payday with no real implications behind it. Is it a fun fight? Sure. But Francis has absolutely no business being in there with One of the most accomplished pro boxers ever.

I think we're all just used to it now

Do people actually believe Francis can punch harder and/or more accurate in boxing gloves than Wilder?
It feels like a Murphy's law thing. If fights like this keep happening there will probably be at least one MMA fighter who lands decent shot and does the damge.

It feels like a Murphy's law thing. If fights like this keep happening there will probably be at least one MMA fighter who lands decent shot and does the damge.
In gloves though....hmmm i dont know. I struggle with that.

Back