Would you like to see ring fights in the UFC?

What arena do you prefer

• Total voters

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed ring fights have a different feel to them than cage fights. Probably a lot of PRIDE fans would like to see this. How did fighting in cages originate? Do you prefer cage fights to ring fights? I believe ring fights allow you to be more technical especially in grappling as there seems to be more technical submissions. I'm not sure why.

And also many overlook this but I believe many PRIDE fighters had problems adjusting to the cage. People point to steroids in PRIDE as the main culprit as to why PRIDE fighters fell off after PRIDE but it's possible that the change in arena played a bigger part. Like Wand and Fedor for example. Even Shogun and Crocop seemed to have trouble adjusting to the cage. That's kind of another discussion.

I prefers rings because there is less wall and stall. And that equals more action

Rings look aesthetically more pleasing but are shit for MMA. Too many breaks in action, so the cage is superior.

Yeah I'd like to see ring girl fights. Brittany vs Arianny in a bra and panties match.

Hell no. Cage is the best

The major appeal of mma is that it is as close to true unarmed fighting without any intervention. The ring gets involved way too much and therefore I prefer the cage.

I've noticed ring fights have a different feel to them than cage fights. Probably a lot of PRIDE fans would like to see this. How did fighting in cages originate? Do you prefer cage fights to ring fights? I believe ring fights allow you to be more technical especially in grappling as there seems to be more technical submissions. I'm not sure why.

And also many overlook this but I believe many PRIDE fighters had problems adjusting to the cage. People point to steroids in PRIDE as the main culprit as to why PRIDE fighters fell off after PRIDE but it's possible that the change in arena played a bigger part. Like Wand and Fedor for example. Even Shogun and Crocop seemed to have trouble adjusting to the cage. That's kind of another discussion.
I think the lack of stomps and knees on ground was a bigger factor for wandy and shogun. It totally changes the fight if u can get stomped in the face while turtling. Who would want to lay on ground with cro cop kicking u in the head? I like the ring for the most part, but cage is fine. As far as steroids go, when pride fighters came to ufc after the buyout, the ufc had plenty of steroid users then. It was pre usada. Shogun was champ. Wandy was on last.leg of his prime and had went downhill before the move. Fedor was in the same boat really, he had so many injuries along the way to his back and neck, he lost a lot of his mobility. Shogun even had like 3 acl tears/ surgeries and still won the title but looked like shit in some fights because he couldnt train like he used to. Big nog was old and took a lot of damage, like wandy. Im sure the cage would have had less to do with it than the time in thier career. Most of the guys u mention were on the downside of thier career when they came to the ufc.

Cage for MMA. Ring for KB & Boxing IMO. I am not certain that a clear Plexiglas hockey like Octagon rather than the chain link would be light years better. I have NO idea WTF someone was thinking with chain links. I know the extreme majority of you have never personally attended a live UFC fight or a live Boxing match.

Does ANYONE who have seen BOTH live think that the view of a boxing match in a ring is NOT WAY easier to see than a black lined chain! I guess people find grabbing on the fence illegally is cool. I would "SUSPEND" every single referee for a period of time that has "warned" a fighter grabbing the cage MORE THAN TWICE without deducting a point, and put them on probation to lose their license.

The GD Fing rule says NO GRABBING the fence is allowed. Why are MMA referees too STUPID to comprehend this simple rule? I think not giving a single warning "MAY" be too drastic for a deducting a point, but two warnings is PATHETIC and should never happen. Thee or more, like I say, suspend the idiot until the learn the rules of MMA to referee, and put them on probation to NEVER allow a secong fence pull the rest of their officiating career.

Rings don't do it for me. I like the idea of more than one surface to fight on. Hell, if it weren't for the visibility issues I'd put monkey bars over the top so fighters could swing on them and plant both feet in their opponent's face.

The ring is much smaller so it forces you to fight. I just don't like when they keep falling through the ropes and the ref has to re start them. That is annoying...

I been to live UFC events in the past and the octagon is huge, its really big in person. Much bigger than any ring. Apparently the octagon is 32 feet by 32 feet, but it seems even bigger than that close up

I liked the WEC cage, its a lot smaller and forces you to fight. They sometimes use that for Ultimate Fighter Finales

giphy.gif

Cage is WAY better for this

nobody will ever convince me that the cage is better than the ring.

its harder to see through the cage for the audience, it leads to more wall and stall, and it looks worse aesthetically

Back