Would you like to see MMA in Olympics?

They should have some sort of martial arts event though, where grappling/fighting arts can intermingle on some level (i.e.) judo medalists test themselves vs. wrestling medalists in some way. Taekwondo vs. boxing vs. karate, etc. Someone should be able to come up with a format that allows for those types of *interesting* crosses, bringing more eyes to the competition.

Rather than seeing track guys and gals and swimming guys and gals stack medal after medal after medal basically doing the same thing. Michael Phelps has like 20 medals! For: 100m free, 110m free, 100m relay, 105m cross relay, 120m free, 100m free with foggy goggles, 100m free mixed doubles, 100m free with no towel, etc. etc. etc.

So the worlds most under paid athletes go and fight for free? Dumb as shit! Not to mention about 7 countries would be able to fried legit teams.

It would be an interesting add. It would be an huge boost for the sport, and the views would be very good I think.

Also there is many things that are against it. Like fighters having to have multiple fights in a short amount of time, would UFC, Bellator, ONE etc. even allow their fighters to go there. Also the violence policy is probably too much for it.

How are you guys seeing it? When the sport keeps growing, is there room for it in Olympics. I would like to see fighters there, that are not signed to any major organisation, but also the top fighters could get some huge boost from it if they could participate somehow.

Interesting topic as there is so many things that could be in favor of it, but also big amount of if´s.

In reality mma is one of the original Olympic sports, was called Pankration(mma) and it was extremely popular. When Olympics where resurrected a century ago, they specifically banned pankration because they saw it as to violent.

So if they do bring in mma, guess what happens. Elbows immediately banned, bunch of Submissions banned, hard time limits, and more emphasis on point fighting. Basically it waters it down.

Tons of people seem to think that striking numbers are all that matter, so why not?

MMA judging is bad enough can you imagine Olympic judging...

No. Fighters can only fight so often and their window of opportunity to make money is very short. Shouldn't be interrupted by Olympics. Plus, it just isn't safe to do tournament style fighting for long term health and it creates tons of injuries, subs, etc.

Headgear, shinguards, point-fighting the majority of the time, can't do some submission, fighting multiple times a week.

Lol.

No not at all they get paid zero def not worth it.

The top fighters are not fighting for free in a tournament format.

I could dig am fights but will never happen. Olympic combat sports are all either grappling styles or striking styles that are very limited for safety. I don't know how you could do that for MMA.

Absolutely NO! They would probably make the fighters wear headgear [they do in all other combat sports in Olympics], and probably more thickly padded gloves. PLUS, 3-5 judges from who knows what countries and how much experience would they have? Besides, the Olympics have to many sports already. Do we need MMA lumped into the same org. that now has skateboarding, 3-3 basketball, and curling listed as sports?:confused:

Yes! MMA is more fun to watch than fencing, swimming, etc., and I would like to see MMA with a real ranking system.

Only thing is they would have shorter fights maybe which would make it more fast pace

tenor.gif

fighters wearing protection?!?!It Will be very Very boring, MMA is too violent to be an Olympic sport boys, it's human cockfighting.

Back