Would you like to have 5 round co-main events?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think 5 round co-main events would be great. Who is for or against this?

In no world would I have liked to see another 10 minutes of Pearson vs Diego. The 15 we got was more than enough.

Depends on the fighters involved. I don't want to see 2 ppl gassing out because they are co main eventers.

Depends on the fight. I would like to see Rory vs Woodley as a 5 round fight for sure.

yes!esp if its title contender fight

I'm always a fan of giving guys more time to finish, I could see it being a problem for many fighters cardio as others have pointed out.

Fights between top 15 fighters should always be 5 rounds IMO.

Yes because a lot of co mains are big fights especially if there is a title on the card. Woodley vs Rory would be a good 5 round fight. It would test their cardio.

I don't even want 5-round main events. That should be reserved for championship fights only. I never liked the change they made a few years ago.

I would like to see it.

I also wouldn't mind if all fights between 2 top ten fighters were 5 rounds since they have major implications as far as title shots.

only if it is either a title contender eliminator or a championship fight

Only on ppv cards. On free nights the co main fighters aren't top 10.

I think it would be good. And five round title eliminators.

If the UFC plans to pit a future challenger against a champ in the near future those guys should be fighting in 5 rounders so they can get ready for the champs they face.

I think if it's a title eliminator or significant fight it should be 5 rounds just to do it is a lot of fighting time not just for the fighters but camera crew and fill in fight I don't think it will happen

Back