Would you like to Cain move to LHW and DC move back to HW?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Someone brought this up in one of my threads and I thought it was a great idea.

Cain's fought most everyone that mattered at HW and beaten them. And no one wants to see Cain vs. JDS or Cain vs. Bigfoot for the 100th time. And if DC loses to Jones like I think he will it would be a similar situation that JDS has at HW where DC can beat everyone at LHW except the champ.

So, if Cain somehow loses to Werdum (I honestly think that Werdum's best chance is hurting Cain standing and finishing him then a submission since I think Cain's wrestling is enough to negate Werdum's BJJ.) then rather then see Cain get an immediate rematch title shot (so tired of these), Cain could move to LHW and make a run for the title where he would most certainly make it to a championship super fight with Jones. Sadly, I do see Cain quickly finishing Werdum before the end of the 2nd round, so this might all be a moot point.

It makes a lot of sense because Cain would get a whole new slew of never before fought opponents and DC could take on a few new fights and fight Werdum. Also, with Cain's penchant for injuries he wouldn't be holding up the entire HW division anymore. Hell, even in a win against Werdum he'll probably get injured and be out a minimum 6 months.

Would you like to Cain move to LHW and DC move back to HW if DC loses to Jones and Cain loses to Werdum?

doesn't make much sense for Cain to drop when he's looking dominant in the very limited time he spends in the octagon at HW imo

I don't believe Cain could safely make 205. His frame is huge.

BrockLesnarCainVelasquezUFCWeighIn121.jpg

Cain vs. Rumble Johnson could be a really interesting matchup.

I think Cain could make 205lbs. Hell, DC did.

Anthony vs. Rumble Johnson could be a really interesting matchup.

I think Cain could make 205lbs. Hell, DC did.

You think Rumble could make Rumbleweight twice on the same night?

I don't like this idea. Cain has a bigger frame than Cormier, so based on that alone it doesn't make sense for them to switch divisions.

I don't like this idea. Cain has a bigger frame than Cormier, so based on that alone it doesn't make sense for them to switch divisions.

Bigger frame but he carries some pudge too. Just like Fedor. And everyone wanted him to go down a weightclass.

Cain's also a long time wrestler and master at weight cutting.

Cain likes his tacos too much to make 205

No reason for ANY of that to happen.

DC is pretty much a bloated MW, Cain on the other hand has much thiker bones and frame

He is already doing good at HW, not so sure he would do good vs bones.

Wtf? What idiot believe Cain can cut to lhw?? The guy is huge.

And why would he, when he can compete In the premium weightclass?

pretty sure Cain can make 205 but how he would perform at the weight is another story

DC looks decent at 205 he should stay there

oh and Cain still has a bunch of fights at HW...realistically Cain has only faced like what 3 of the current top 10 guys at HW?

pretty sure Cain can make 205 but how he would perform at the weight is another story

DC looks decent at 205 he should stay there

oh and Cain still has a bunch of fights at HW...realistically Cain has only faced like what 3 of the current top 10 guys at HW?

No one wants to see Cain fight Schaub, Mitrione, or the like. And he'd crush Overeem easy. What are all these match ups you speak of?

Besides, JDS and Stipe keep everyone else from getting a title shot and both lose to Cain.

Last edited:
Back