Would you like/Should there be 5 fights for

El Che

Jefe de Jefes
@Gold
Reaction score
Cain and JDS being they are so closely matched and relatively young in years and in the sport.

Doesn't much matter what I want.

I didn't want Cain to have only 2 opponents in 5 fights, but Silva made it happen anyway.
Unless Cain wins both III and IV, there will be a V.

Depends on how #3 goes and whether other fighters emerge, but I tend to think that #4 is likely to happen, but probably not in 2014.

Should there be a *5th* fight is just an absurd question at this junction.

Unless someone very good comes along soon, Cain and JDS are bound to meet again. Whoever loses tonight will probably beat Werdum and Barnett and get himself another title shot.

There will be a IV and V at some point because while they keep winning against all the competition you can't deny them the title shots.

if this fight goes like the last one then they won't fight again for awhile, all depends if there still the 2 top ranked HW's in the future

I really don't understand why people would rather see a new fight than a good fight. These are two of the best HWs in UFC history, I would be perfectly okay seeing these guys fight each other 3/4 times a year. At least until another worthy contender emerges.

I think it is a given that there will be a fourth fight regardless of the third. Heavyweight is just a tad shallow right now and both JDS and Cain are clearly a cut above the rest - with Cormier moving down to 205, it looks like there will be a shallow pool of challengers. Off the top of my head, all I can think of is Barnett right now.

Back