Would you like it if rounds kept going past 5 min until there is a break in the action?

chupacabra5

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I don’t watch other sports much but I saw a game of football (soccer) the other day and it looked as if the ref doesn’t blow the whistle if there’s an active threat of a goal. I believe it’s the same for other sports like Australian Rules football.

Would you like it if it was the same in MMA? If someone is about to get a sub (e.g. Ferguson v Oliviera) or knockout (Adesanya v Whittaker), would you want to see that fight go on until the defending fighter stops the high threat of a finish?

It could even be a fixed 10 seconds that the offensive fighter gets to finish the triangle they’ve locked in or whatever.

However, just being in a good position, or having your opponent a bit wobbled wouldn’t be enough to warrant extra time.

I'd like it if they kept going until there is a break in the leg.

I like the concept of a 10min round, followed by a 5min round

I feel like a lot of fights can end or at least a solid winner be determined after the first round.

Most of these dudes can grapple so damn good it may take the whole 5min just to finally get the guy down and into an advantageous position, sometimes the will is about to break and the bell goes off.

zVNgbGB.gif

I don’t watch other sports much but I saw a game of football (soccer) the other day and it looked as if the ref doesn’t blow the whistle if there’s an active threat of a goal. I believe it’s the same for other sports like Australian Rules football.

Would you like it if it was the same in MMA? If someone is about to get a sub (e.g. Ferguson v Oliviera) or knockout (Adesanya v Whittaker), would you want to see that fight go on until the defending fighter stops the high threat of a finish?

It could even be a fixed 10 seconds that the offensive fighter gets to finish the triangle they’ve locked in or whatever.

However, just being in a good position, or having your opponent a bit wobbled wouldn’t be enough to warrant extra time.
yeah i like the idea of a 10 second bonus if there's a sub or TKO in progress. If UFC is supposed to be "as real as it gets" then fighters shouldn't be saved by the bell

Only if ufc can throw some ads on the screen mid fight action, unless you're watching it live then you don't gotta worry about that.

Fight should be to the death… And I’m not joking about that.

Never, ever try to take aspects from some shithead ball-sport and try to put it into combat sports.

Never, ever try to take aspects from some shithead ball-sport and try to put it into combat sports.

Moronic opinion. Just because an idea happened to be in a ball sport beforehand doesn’t mean it automatically doesn’t make sense.

But, of course, shitting on other sports is what Joe Rogan does so it makes others feel like tough guys when they do it too.

Watching MMA is no cooler than watching football. You’re watching, not doing.

No, why have time limits at all then?

Because we get better quality action with breaks in between. The fighters are more rested and can fight harder during the rounds.

How is 10 extra seconds to finish a fight the same to you as no time limits?

Moronic opinion. Just because an idea happened to be in a ball sport beforehand doesn’t mean it automatically doesn’t make sense.

But, of course, shitting on other sports is what Joe Rogan does so it makes others feel like tough guys when they do it too.

Watching MMA is no cooler than watching football. You’re watching, not doing.

Ball-sports, Joe Rogan and you are all douchebags. I'm not taking sides, you all suck.

Ball-sports are games. For children. And Manchildren. Keep that garbage out of combat sports.

Ball-sports, Joe Rogan and you are all douchebags. I'm not taking sides, you all suck.

Ball-sports are games. For children. And Manchildren. Keep that garbage out of combat sports.

Yes, they are games. So what?

I know shitting on them makes you feel like a big tough guy but you just sound like a 14 year old that has some deep seated issues stemming from always being picked last for the team.

Nah, because that 'break in action' is completely subjective.

In rd5, yes. That way, Conor would be 0-2 vs Nate.

giphy.gif

<CerseiPlotting>

No we’d see a bunch of shitty flurries at the end of each rounds like Burns vs wonderboy.

No.

I want one round, and all fights go to a KO/Tap/Stoppage.

Back