Would you like for the UFC to have a live weekly TV card ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Tabarnakos, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Tabarnakos

Tabarnakos Purple Belt

Yeah sort of like Friday Night Fights in boxing. It wouldn't have to be a full card , maybe feature 2 fights each week in a 1 hour program or somethig like that. Have guys that normally don't have much if any TV time on it (prelims fighters) or some debuting prospects. I think it could help to promote , build some of those guys and let them have time on TV. Could even have them in small venues aroud America (smaller mid level population towns ect)

Now i know there is already UFC on Fox , FX and Fuel but those aren't exactly the same formats..

Is it unrealistic or a possibility for the future (maybe). Would the costs of putting a weekly 2-3 fight card be even worth it when it comes to profits , visibility , ratings ect ?

2. mrpvivian

mrpvivian Orange Belt

I think it's possible with 1 or 2 fight cards like you said, plus it would provide the MMA world weekly things to talk about besides making more and more threads about how this/that person does or doesn't deserve a title shot. Nice post TS.

3. The XL

The XL Brown Belt

4. DeathByBeer

DeathByBeer Red Belt

If they are all like the last couple of events, damn yes.

5. flipswitch**

flipswitch** Banned Banned

Daily even. I love MMA.

6. Ring Rust

Ring Rust Purple Belt

No. I don't think there is enough quality fighters in the UFC for that type of schedule. I would rather have fewer events with better quality fighters than watching Shark Fight rejects.

7. willthechill

willthechill Brown Belt

Besides the expenses of venues, I think it's a great idea. I just don't think it's realistic. They're trying to put together as many money cards as possible and breaks are necessary for them to market those big cards. I would love it though.

8. Fists of Fire

Fists of Fire Silver Belt

Id probably miss a bunch of them.

9. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

Yes, but it'd have to feature fighters I want to watch.

Too bad they couldn't do something like this with all the upper tier fighters in Strikeforce who were on the shelf for so long.

10. diazisawesome**

diazisawesome** Banned Banned

i wish that their was about 3 cards per day.

11. Enlightened Ego**

Enlightened Ego** Purple Belt

yes please.

i want heavy metal music intros too. the whole fox presentation isn't working to be honest with you.

12. BrutalBoy

BrutalBoy Green Belt

4 fight card once a week, yes. no prelims, just have backups in case of injury

13. akproplayer

akproplayer Purple Belt

I would love it, I'm just not sure it would get good enough ratings with no-namers going at it.

14. buda2

buda2 Purple Belt

Yes if its on weekdays. I have no interest in killing my weekends with weekly fight cards.

15. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Silver Belt

I would watch regardless of talent level. would be cool

16. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

If you're going to talk about intros, I'd prefer scantily clad sexy dancing girl intros like in the James Bond movie intros, except not in silouette.

17. Enlightened Ego**

Enlightened Ego** Purple Belt

one week someone like nick ring could main event, the next week someone like bisping main events. four/five fights a week, 2 hours on fx every thursday or wednesday.

would help the ufc fanbase invest into fighters more. willing to spend money to watch them fight down the line at ppv's.

we can all agree the ufc has to many guys sitting on the bench, and when they do fight its 1-3 times a year.

18. ABC

ABC Silver Belt

I think it's sort of a good idea, except what they should do is work on their developmental sub-promotion. I would like to see them do a local show in most states every few months. The cards could be a pro-am show. The UFC has so much more money than the smaller organizations and I would like to see them get involved on a local level to help get these guys better drug testing and medical screening. If the sport is going to continue to grow the way they want it to, they need to spend the money now to help build that future.

19. fnog9

fnog9 Green Belt

hell's yeah! They need to find a network that everyone has accesss to for f sake! What's the deal with switching between fuel and fx, fox, facebook? I was so pissed today because I was expecting to watch the ufc on Rogers sportsnet (they advertised it was going to be on), but when it came fight time I learned that the ufc was being aired on "sportsnet one", while I only have rogers sportsnet Ontario. So instead, CURLING was on. Curling for fuck's sake!

20. fnog9

fnog9 Green Belt

hell's yeah! They need to find a network that everyone has accesss to for f sake! What's the deal with switching between fuel and fx, fox, facebook? I was so pissed today because I was expecting to watch the ufc on Rogers sportsnet (they advertised it was going to be on), but when it came fight time I learned that the ufc was being aired on "sportsnet one", while I only have rogers sportsnet Ontario. So instead, CURLING was on. Curling for fuck's sake! Sometimes the ufc is on my Rogers station, sometimes not. It's really annoying.