Would you let your parent(s) stay with you indefinitely?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I got a call last night from my sister telling me my mom isn't answering her phone and she called multiple times over the course of a few hours. She usually can't wait to pick up the phone to talk to us, but this time she wasn't answering. She lives an hour away from me and this was around midnight. I had to get up and go over to her place. Shit had me worried. Turns out she was just sleeping and left her cellphone downstairs.

Had to come back today to fix her sink. I opened up the conversation of over moving at my place since she lives by herself and she's almost 70 with a rapidly deteriorating health. She declined. She's been declining for years. She still thinks she can take care of herself when she can barely walk up the stairs. Takes her like 5 minutes to get to her room upstairs.

Would you let your parent(s) move in with you permanently?

Yes. Our parents brought us in this world. I say help them out.

If you have a good relationship then yes why not?

Your story reminded me of this gif:

livia-soprano-aint-got-no-time-for-that-o.gif

I got a call last night from my sister telling me my mom isn't answering her phone and she called multiple times over the course of a few hours. She usually can't wait to pick up the phone to talk to us, but this time she wasn't answering. She lives an hour away from me and this was around midnight. I had to get up and go over to her place. Shit had me worried. Turns out she was just sleeping and left her cellphone downstairs.

Had to come back today to fix her sink. I opened up the conversation of over moving at my place since she lives by herself and she's almost 70 with a rapidly deteriorating health. She declined. She's been declining for years. She still thinks she can take care of herself when she can barely walk up the stairs. Takes her like 5 minutes to get to her room upstairs.

Do it - I am making every appeal under the sun to get my parents to live with me (or one of my siblings).

They say they want their independence, but as they progress in age, I am becoming increasingly worried about their well being. My mom has already had health issues in the past and now they are moving my elderly (82 year old) aunt to come live with them.

Bah... parents can be so stubborn sometimes.

Pfffft no way. I'm disgusted at the very thought of my lovely children having to change my shitty diapers. When I brought them into this world, I became the one that owes them everything. They don't owe me shit. When I'm so old that I need that kind of care, toss me in a home or off a cliff. I don't care which.

The least I could do is to show my parents the same respect I would want. So no, they ain't moving in with me.

Seeing how 80% of Sherdog have mommy and daddy issues the answer in this thread will probably be no but in the real world the answer is Yes if they need help.

I would bet she is just saying no outta fear of being an inconvenience you. Bribe her with more time with the grandchildren if you got any or if you don't have any, bribe her with ribbon candy and Humels.

i had my placed in an assisted living home b/c she has MS, and i can't deal w/ that shit. that's as close as i'm getting

The answer better be yes from all you degenerates since we're all still living in our parents basements.

Oh you mean one of those emo pussies that cries in therapy and shit?
40 years old and still blames the fact that hes a loser on a bad childhood?
Yea those guys are pathetic

yea... me too macho. lol

what IS up with the quote function?

Of course I would. My parents annoy the piss out of me, but I love them dearly and they are good people. Plus, if I were to need the same favor, they would undoubtedly provide lodging for me.

If my parents were shitty parents, I'd have to reevaluate my stance.

@Hunter

I'm very sorry to hear that, man. It's a painful process to go through for everyone.

Do it - I am making every appeal under the sun to get my parents to live with me (or one of my siblings).

They say they want their independence, but as they progress in age, I am becoming increasingly worried about their well being. My mom has already had health issues in the past and now they are moving my elderly (82 year old) aunt to come live with them.

Bah... parents can be so stubborn sometimes.

You guys are good folk.

Back