Would you have been happier if they someone got Nick instead of Nate?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Nick is a legit WW. I'd enjoy that fight more and think Conor would be in deep trouble. Conor against a 2 week prepared Nate who normally fights at 155. Definitely an easier road.

Of course.

PS: Is the Nate fight at 155 or 170?

That would be something. I think McG beats Nate but loses to Nick.

No, I know I'm in the minority, but I think Nate is technically better. I also think if Conor was planning to fight a LW then even if the fight is at WW its nice that they are at least giving him a guy who historically fights at LW.

I think Nate is more of a solid person emotionally. He seems to be better when it comes to talking shit and expressing himself. Nick would be beaten mentally. I think they got the right guy. And for what it's worth, I also think Nate is a better fighter as well.

Nick's general toughness and fight IQ has shown to be well above Nate's....I honestly don't think the UFC would have made that fight because of the potential headache that will come with dealing with Nick as being the guy that fucked up their meal ticket. Nick Diaz would have to be the slight favorite going into that fight, I would think. Nate Diaz is a warrior no doubt and a fighter's fighter for real but Nick is that and more. Conor would have to be very, very patient when fighting Nick and point fight the way Condit and AS did.....and I just don't see Conor willing to do that. I think he will take a lot more risks and maybe execute a fancy spinning back one too many times before Nick makes him pay severely.

This is another can't lose fight for Dana White's gravy train. If Conor loses, he can blame it on the weight. If he wins, he's making "History." Shame too, because Nate has good skills and could have given a real fight given a reasonable camp. I don't know if Nate has the takedown ability to catch a fleet footed Conor. Like I said, Edgar is Conor's nightmare.

On the one hand, I think it sucks that the UFC is heading towards fake wrestling, and talking shit will get a fighter more attention from the media(kind of understandable) AND Dana White(NOT so understandable), than actually winning fights. Nate is 8-8 in his last 16 fights, 5-5 in his last 10, and has lost 3 out of his last 5. But on the OTHER hand, you know that he won't go in afraid, or overcome by the moment. He's got that weird ass stand up, rolls w/punches well, and has slick enough jiu jitzu, that, even though I don't think that he's GOING to win, I sure as hell won't be stunned if he does.

Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor is good enough to order the PPV, along with Tate vs Holm.

Nick can tag himself in for Nate after the first round. Nate will be on queer street..

McGregor would beat both Diaz brothers in one night. Make it happen, Dana

They would never do that because Nick, in my opinion, would beat Conor. I don't think Nate beats Conor, though it can happen. I do not see Conor beating Nick at all.

If he fought Nick, it wouldn't be until August.

on the OTHER hand, you know that he won't go in afraid, or overcome by the moment

I don't know that at all. Both brothers have major anxiety issues and even can't show up to media events for fights that mean nothing, this will have 100x the pressure compared to anything Nate has ever dealt with. Mark my words, Nate will break faster than any of them have and that is why he was chosen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back