Would you guys prefer Wolverine in a R-rated movie?

Realistically, I wish studios would release unrated or R rated Superhero movies on blue-rays while keeping the PG13 ratings for the theatrical cut. I think it'd grant directors/editors freedoms to present actions the way they wanted to while studios can be safe to make as much money as they want.

I find it hilarious that a guy whose whole gimmick is Claw Man can never really be shown to claw his enemies due to the censors limitations.

Same thing with Leonardo from ninja turtles, who's swords do everything but stab people.

I prefer every superhero movie be R-rated. If those asshole heroes would sack up and murder their enemies there might be a little deterrent in their world. Instead you get repeat offenders who like to brag about the shiner Spiderman gave them.

I actually thought the first punisher was pretty good but overall yes I wanted R rated Wolverine and Punisher. At least we get deadpool this week I can't fucking wait.

The Dolph Lundgren one?

I find it hilarious that a guy whose whole gimmick is Claw Man can never really be shown to claw his enemies due to the censors limitations.

I was so pissed that in the first x-men movie he literally stabbed one person through the whole movie. In the second one they stepped it up and they had the cool swat team scene which I actually thought was really well done and a good way to show off Wovlerine.

lol no I didn't even know that one existed. That's awesome though. Have you seen it? Is it any good? I'm talking about this one. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330793/. They later released this one which is rated R http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450314/. I downloaded it once and got about 15 mins in but never went back and finished it. Thinking maybe I need to do that cause it got a 6 on IMDB which I think this would get much lower.

I quit on that second punisher as well. Also after about 15 minutes. They ripped off the villain reveal scene note for note from Tim Burton's Batman, but it was poorly executed and things just went downhill from there. Absolute piece of shit.

Is the Dolph Lundgren Punisher worth your time? Probably not. The best that I can really say is that it successfully created a dark "atmosphere." That's about it.

The 2004 Punisher was a little better than it gets credit for. Will Patton was good, and it was nice to see Roy Scheider as a tough guy one last time.

As mentioned, they want superhero movies to be family friendly. Americans are funny. The comics are waaaaay more violent and they have no problem letting kids read those. Yet an R rated superhero flick would be too much.

I've seen wolverine decapitate guys and cut people in half ffs.

I thought Jackman did a good job with what he was given. An R-rated version would be cool. Especially Old Man Logan.

I think Just about every old Kid's show would be better with a Rated R mindset. The kids who watched them growing up are now adults.

Who wouldn't want to see:

Wolverine - Rated R for Graphic Violence, Profanity, Torture, Graphic Nudity, and Moments of Extreme Peril.
The Lion King - Rated R for Graphic Violence, and Moments of Extreme Peril.
Pokémon - Rated R for Strong Violence, and Moments of Extreme Peril.
etc....

Not sure they can.
An independent filmmaker has a better chance. By the time any ordinary Hollywood director has their teeth into it they'll be forced to make changes by being overwhelmed with notes from suits.

Somehow Blade and Blade II filtered through for a wide release.

A better script in general would be a good start for a movie about Wolverine. Origins and The Wolverine were both horrible, the rest of the X-Men movies were either good or great.

With the success of Kingsmen and early reports on Deadpool, we realize that a good R-rated hero movie can be done. Wolverine, so far, has appeared in PG-13 X-Men movies and it's a bit weird since the main two things Wolverine is known for are his healing factor and his adamantium claws. I haven't read the comics but I'm assuming he's a character that stabs and slashes often while also sustaining devastating injuries that he can easily recover from. That sounds like a R-rated character to me.

With Hugh Jackman allegedly moving on from the Wolverine character, maybe they can focus on a more gritty, violent Wolverine. Would a R-rated Wolverine interest you guys or did Hugh Jackman get it right?

No, I would prefer an X-rated movie with Mystique; and the Rebecca Romijn Stamos version not J-Law version.

Alas now, Rebecca Romijn is too old now; but I've seen Lawrences' asshole and potentially her face covered with sticky white love piss, so I'm resigned to nothing in this instance.

There really is a market for X-rated superhero movies, don't you think?

Id watch.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Lynn Collins naked

I have yet to see one Wolverine or Punisher movie that rose above mediocrity. Hollywood has not gotten it right so far.

Punisher: War Zone was awesome. It get's dinged by critics for it's campiness, but it's also the close tot he source material.

As mentioned, they want superhero movies to be family friendly. Americans are funny. The comics are waaaaay more violent and they have no problem letting kids read those. Yet an R rated superhero flick would be too much.

I've seen wolverine decapitate guys and cut people in half ffs.

This is something I never understood when kid back
in the 70s/80s they never allowed fighting in the toons
on the big three networks but they never problem with
it in the comic books.

This is something I never understood when kid back
in the 70s/80s they never allowed fighting in the toons
on the big three networks but they never problem with
it in the comic books.

It's crazy how much more censorship there is with movies and tv than printed media, it's like comics fly under the radar.

After 30ish years were still working up to the level of violence from the comics. 80s comics were tame compared to now, but still more violent than any comic book movie ever.

Back