Would you give Anderson more of a chance against Jones after last night?

The thing is Silva doesn't try to stuff take downs OR try to get up really, so I would give the fight to Jones.

If the miracle of Silva stuffing Jones, Jones would stand no chance in hell.

Silva can without a doubt outstrike Jones, but Jones could take the fight to the ground at will. Silva's wrestling is pretty bad and once it hits the ground I think it's over. Silva could potentially keep it standing long enough to get the KO, but my money is on Jones via TKO.

I feel the same way I always have - that Silva would stand a good chance of beating Jones. I think it'd be about 50/50. I think Weidman would stand a decent chance as well.

I had thought this after the Munoz fight. I became even more confident after seeing him beat Anderson the way he did despite coming off of a long layoff and recovering from an injury. I would pick Bones to win, but it'd be very interesting to see.

Weidman would be a good example I guess on how a tall guy can take him down, I was just trying to speculate a little more based off of last night. I thought it probably would of brought the odds closer at the very least. But I won't forget looking and Anderson vs. Griffin staring each other down and how close in size they were.

No. Gus did so well due to his speed, youth, chin, height, relatively long reach, Power,TDD and surprisingly wrestling. Besides power Silva doesn't have any of these things that helped Gus nearly pull off the upset. He'd lose to any of todays Top 5 LHW's.

No. Gus did so well due to his speed, youth, chin, height, relatively long reach, Power,TDD and surprisingly wrestling. Besides power Silva doesn't have any of these things that helped Gus nearly pull off the upset. He'd lose to any of todays Top 5 LHW's.

you think silva wouldnt beat glover?

My opinion of how that fight would go down really hasn't changed. Anderson is still giving up a lot of size, and unless he shows some phenomenal new tdd in the Weidman fight, there's no reason to believe he wouldn't get taken down in the first. Anderson's best shot would be a triangle/armbar off the back, both of which would be hard with Jones' arm length.

If Anderson could keep the fight standing he would IMO beats JOnes....it would be a striking match up and Anderson is more accurate, fluid with his striking then Gus. And he has better awawrness and defence....that would be major difference.

I favor Anderson in the fight.

More of a chance?

Anderson would kill Jones, just like Gustafsson did.

you think silva wouldnt beat glover?

It would be a good fight. Silva does have a reach advantage and their the same height. It's just that Glover's younger quicker and has power as well as Silva. At Silva's age he can't fight his style as effectively anymore as he once could. Don't get me wrong Silva could defiantly beat Glover and it'd be a close fight. I really wouldn't know who to pick.

Also everyone here knows I think Glover's an overrated fighter who hasn't fought anyone. So let me rephrase my statement he'd lose to any of the top 4 LHW's or Machida who would be ranked NO.5 if he hadn't cut weight.

gus' reach according to himself is 81.5 inches so he's far longer than silva. Additionally, gus is just bigger than silva, so although anderson has underrated tdd, I don't think he'd be able to stuff jones td attempts.

Anderson and Gustafsson are COMPLETELY different strikers.

The former is a counter-attacker and the latter is a offensive boxer.

It's complicated to compare.

It would be a good fight. Silva does have a reach advantage and their the same height. It's just that Glover's younger quicker and has power as well as Silva. At Silva's age he can't fight his style as effectively anymore as he once could. Don't get me wrong Silva could defiantly beat Glover and it'd be a close fight. I really wouldn't know who to pick.

Also everyone here knows I think Glover's an overrated fighter who hasn't fought anyone. So let me rephrase my statement he'd lose to any of the top 4 LHW's or Machida who would be ranked NO.5 if he hadn't cut weight.

Lol didn't mean to be picky, just add food for thought. Glover vs. Silva would be pretty epic! :eek: . Maybe Gus, if he fought like he did against shogun (who I think has worse tdd than anderson)

yea definately, alwasy thought silva could do it by landing the ko before getting taken down and smashed, but Gus showed that you can stuff the takedowns all night and silva is great at that, so IMO there is far less danger to silva than i had thought.

if anything this fight makes me think anderson has even less chance against jones....

jones can take some fucking punches... i no longer believe andy can ko jones... but i still believe jon can take andy down at will.... would be a very short night for andy.

Anderson Silva has the ability to deliver the perfect strike at the perfect time like the solid knee to Bonnar's midsection and Chael's chest and Vitor's jaw and Marquardt's head. His precision is precise. Of course he has a chance vs. Jon Jones, but Jon Jones has the skills to dominate Anderson.

Not really, when you consider these facts:

1. Anderson gets taken down fairly frequently.
2. Anderson also relies on reach advantage to counter guys coming in. He isn't the kind of striker who manufactures offense by going in and out, ala Machida and Gus.
3. He's significantly smaller than both Jones and Gus.
4. He's on the downside of his career.

if anything this fight makes me think anderson has even less chance against jones....

jones can take some fucking punches... i no longer believe andy can ko jones... but i still believe jon can take andy down at will.... would be a very short night for andy.

Jones can definitely take some punches. He got caught clean by a number of rear straights, left hooks and uppercuts and it didn't really have a visible effect on him.

less actually

it's clear now Jones has the chin and the heart to pull through under pressure.

Back