Would You File a Claim on a Fender Bender

I’m going through the same thing, ts.

I’m trying to file the claim but I don’t know how it is going to work. I researched the other persons insurance. Apparently they are super shady and will do everything to avoid taking responsibility.

The damage on my car is much less than on yours. I didn’t even notice it until the next day but it’s there and it's frustrating as hell.

Last edited:
Whoa.... Just looked at your license plate. Are you president Satan?

His INS expired 3 wks ago and now have to go though my Uninsured motorist. So 250 out of my pocket.

Not having insurance only means he owes you the money directly. Call him and tell him to pay you for your damaged property or you'll file a police report.

The shitty driver MUST BE PUNISHED!!!!

my truck was hit while parked
was hard to notice damage
her insurance gave me $1,300

You should avoid filing claims whenever you can unless the other car is clearly at fault or the repairs will cost a ton. No point in filing if the damage is less than your deductible

I got rear-ended when the car behind me was rear-ended and got pushed forward into me. The car who initially got rear-ended was smashed to hell in the back but I only had two scratches on my bumper. Since it wasn't my fault and the other guy wanted me to verify his side of the story, I went ahead and filed a claim to make sure my ass was covered in case anything came up. The adjuster told me that it looked like there was barely any damage but I am pretty sure he did me a solid by filling out an estimate for me. The estimate came back for $650. I got the money and just had a friend of mine buff out the two scratches for a case of beer. That was a good day.

I've let a few slide. Probably only because my car is already dinged and scratched to hell.

I'd guess about $3,000 for that.

I send vehicles in for touch ups almost every year, door dings, rock chips in the nose or low on fenders. So I say get it fixed.

My car is old and already has minor to moderate body damage. I'd leave it alone unless there was serious damage.

Also I didnt know you lived in NM cheese. My condolences.

I got hit the other day in stop and go traffic and my bumper took some damage and some say its not worth it to file a claim but I am going to cause I want it fix but would you. I see alot of people driving around with damage to their car and I just cant do it. It drives me insane .

pic of the damage Betty took
yLvpqAO.jpg

Looks like most will buff out but top ruber part will need to be replaced.

EDIT. Sorry the other driver INS was expired and have to go though mine.
Yep, in fact I welcome it. I have a piece of my bumper snapped back into place for now since I ran something over while off roading. You think Im going to pay for it, haha, hell no waiting for the bumper tap for it to fall off.

Back