would you fight someone that was physically bigger, stronger than you

I would have to know a guy's training history to know if he would beat me up or not. Just because some guy looks like a body builder doesn't mean I couldn't beat him up.

Depends on situation...my life or someone I loved depended on it, or if I was offered anything over 5000 I would.

5000? I think some of the guys on the undercard in the last UFC got less than that to get beat up. lol.

If there is reason to fight, it doesn't matter
if he's stronger or weaker, you have to fight.

I did before and got my ass kicked, shit happens. Backing down is not an option IMO....

A lot of fights can be avoided and are caused by stupid issues that can be resolved.

Having said that, if it was a situation I couldn't avoid- I'm like a lot of guys in this thread: I'm fighting dirty.

Also, not to be nitpicky, but if someone just pushed me...that's it. I don't think I'd immediately get in a fight. I have a job where it's not cool to show up with a broken hand or black eye or broken nose etc.

Yes, especially if pushed. Something about getting shoved really ruffles my feathers.

Definately not. I'm in the military and often go out to bars. Before that, I was raised in military towns and grew up around Marines mostly. Just spent three years in Germany. It's safe to say that I've had the opportunity to be in literally hundreds of fight, and yet I've only been in one (a dude kept accosting my wife, and I tried to diffuse it only to be suckerpunched. Choked him out quickly and called it a day). There's always some dumbass whos mad cuz they can't get a girl, or they're just an angry drunk, and for some reason people constantly say dumb shit to me. I'm like literally the exact size of Nate Diaz, so everyone is pretty much bigger then me (in terms of weight, not always height obviously). I just ignore the guys and walk away, or let security know the dude is acting stupid. Maybe some call it a bitch move, but I never saw the point in fighting. We're not barbarians fighting to be leader of the pack, we're civilized people that have like you know, laws and stuff.

I know many people who will fight at any whim. Not necessarily start them, but any sight of disrespect or whatever these dudes go nuts. That's not a trait I respect or even understand, unless I need someone on my side in a brawl then it's cool. We've evolved as a species much since the ol' caveman days; fighting is very, very, very rarely the legitimate solution to a problem.

I've had some fights with bigger guys. Took some punishment, but luckily nothing too bad. I'm avoiding that stuff at all cost nowadays.

Not unless he hits me. I'll avoid the fight at all costs until he hits me, then for some reason that makes me see red and I start going ape shit. He'd still probably kick my ass but yeah.

Yes, I have done it and also been in situations where I was out numbered. I just had this conversation with a buddy the other day. My buddy doesn't understand why I don't back down. It's just not in me to back down even if I know an asskicking is coming, Honestly I would rather die than back down! Not trying to come off as a tough guy, there are alot of guys that could kick my ass, just stating how I feel.

I should mention that I have never started a fight and if things start heating up I will try to difuse the situation first. But when the guy is in your face, its go time!

If I was in a position where I had to fight, yes, I would. I'm no fighting badass, but I'm not an untrained idiot.

No because bigger guys who can't really box will just grab me and out muscle me, i grew up boxing so i have pretty great hands for someone who doesn't train.

If i had no choice in the matter than of course i will try my best to hit and move.

Yes I would TS. I know how to use teh jab, unlike them. I'm a jab master. Beware.

and you knew you would get destroyed? I'm talking about some stranger you got in an altercation with and he starts to instigate a fight by pushing you.

100%. If you have to fight you should be prepared to get hurt. If you are not too concerned with how badly you hurt the other guy, there are striking points that are not affected by muscle and will slow or stop anyone. Hopefully he doesn't know this too.

Back