Would you favour Rory over Lawler in a third bout?

You're probably going to have to post the score cards to get a somewhat grounded discussion on this.

Gus losing to Jones doesn't mean shit then by your logic here..

No actually, It perfectly fits with the logic, because like Lawler/MacDonald I and II, the superior fighter won.

Have fun with your circle jerk thread though. I have better things to do.

It definitely wouldn't be one of those 2-0 third matches where everyone knows how it's gonna go, like Ronda-Tate or Tito-Shamrock.

I like Rory, but he needs to win at least two times against top 10 competition to be in the conversation again. He lost to Lawler in 2013, again now in 2015; so maybe two years from now in 2017 we will see the trilogy if Robbie is still champ at that time. I do not favour him for the third fight. Robbie has his number.

It definitely wouldn't be one of those 2-0 third matches where everyone knows how it's gonna go, like Ronda-Tate or Tito-Shamrock.

I agree those kinda fights especially Tito/Shamrock3 are entertaining for some but very pointless. I don't think MMA is so clear cut like that just because Lawler won twice doesn't mean he can't lose a 3rd fight.

Different situation but Rampage lost 2 fights to Wandy in pride and knocked him out in the UFC, it does happen.

I think Rory is more skilled but Robbie is more durable.

Lawler is a fucking warrior.

Robbie wasn't hurt at end of round 3 in first fight. Robbie should have won round 4 based on superior damage in the 2nd fight. Rory was CRUSHED in the first 2 minutes of round 5. He had no chance in hell of surviving it. All is well and the universe is at peace now that Rory has had his ass handed to him twice in a row.

No. At least not at the moment. Robbie is on another level right now. His mentality, combined with experience and some solid skills, are just too much to deal with. Watching that fight, you just knew he wasn't going to lose going into the 5th. I had him down at that point, but you could just see the fight leave Rory. He couldn't match Robbie's aggression anymore, and I don't think many people in that division can. You absolutely have to finish him and good luck with that shit.

I do hope Robbie stays on top and there is a third bout

How many years from now? Robbie is reaching the end of his career rapidly. I would say if they ever fight again Robbie won't be the same fighter.

I had it 2-2 going to the fifth. Momentum LOOKED to be on Rorys side.

But if they foght again, id assume Lawler is a small fave. -175?

If anyone didn't notice, the newer smarter Lawler coasts in the middle rounds so he can pour it on in the last round.

It's getting a finish off a tired out opponent, or playing to the judges and it's genius. He's done it in several fights now, so it doesn't matter how many rounds Rory was up before Robbie blasted him. He fights to win the war, not each battle.

No way.
Both fights lawler showed he's a true warrior and champion.
And Rory showed he's just an athlete, not a fighter who crumbles when the going gets tough.
I got Robbie every time by pure will to win.

He is a young man with great potential. It isn't absurd to think he'd win a 3ed fight. He didn't exactly look bad either time.

You can't teach that survival killer instinct Robbie has but Rory is learning from the current Pitbull of mma of what it takes to be a champion.

I would fear for both guys if they fought again too soon.

Back