Social Would you eat meat if it would not be available in stores ?

I'd just buy some from a hunter
Problem solved
selling not allowed , so it would be illegal.
In this imaginable world, weed would be legal to grow and sell , but not meat , meat would be only allowed to 'grow' on your own .

City foxes, people's cats...could even jump a fence or two and steal dogs from back yards...

You could raise micro pigs from left over scraps from vegan fast food joints........there are shit tons of rats crawling around in the crumbling Victorian sewers.

So if it would not be allowed to sell meat , If you could eat meat only if you personally cultivate and then kill the animal , would you do that effort to be able to eat meat ?

would you use toilet paper if no place sold it and you had to make you own?

Would you use penicillin if no pharmacies sold it and you have to grow your own?

selling not allowed , so it would be illegal.
In this imaginable world, weed would be legal to grow and sell , but not meat , meat would be only allowed to 'grow' on your own .
Illegal like cocaine and heroin?

Your hypothetical depends on a number of situations. Do we have meat replacement? Is it illegal? Is it just not available anymore?

If we have a meat shortage, it's illegal or just isn't available anymore, I think I'd just eat whatever I could find. I wouldn't resort to killing animals. As long as stores still exist and other food is available, I'd eat whatever left is available. If I lived in the woods/wilderness and there were no stores at all though, you pretty much have to hunt and eat meat. You can't grow vegetables year round and can only store so much.

I enjoy the taste of meat but I have zero problem not eating it if we got to a point to where there were healthy, cheap and abundant options to replace it. If we can make meat in a lab and it's proven safe, tastes good and is a suitable replacement, I'd all for it. I do have a moral dilemma with eating meat and I don't like the idea of factory farming. I see it a necessary consumption right now though.

Like available from some guy's car's trunk?

I'm not a farmer, but given the right tools and training... sure.

Also, hunters do exist you know.

So if it would not be allowed to sell meat , If you could eat meat only if you personally cultivate and then kill the animal , would you do that effort to be able to eat meat ?

I would not eat meat, i've never fired a gun. Though i'd probably find someone who hunted and buy meat off them i reckon.

I would, but why would I do a job that I am not skilled at when I can pay for someone who is skilled at it?

@tonil Don't you have a skill that you get paid for?

Guess it’s time to take up hunting.

I would be hunting a shit ton more, and not giving a fuck about hunting tags at that point.

Yeah but significantly less.

I assume I could buy live animals still? Would probably result in better meat.

Of course its unworkable for me to get, slaughter and store a cow, even if I didn't raise it.

Hunting and fishing isn't hard, just time consuming. Definitely would fast more and spread the meat out and have to incorporate more plant based proteins on days I don't eat meat.

Have you never bought drugs before?
Not even worried about it.

Totally would if necessary.
Id probably eat more honestly cuz I wouldnt want to waste it since its illegal to share.

Back