Would you eat cultured meat - meat without cows?

okay im not the best at english so bear with me .

You said that mass produced (by corporations) bread was bad for you and lacked nutrients of 6000 years ago bread BUT artisan / farmers market bread is good for you .

The reason why the storage of milled flour is so important to my discrediting your statement is because bread and flour is not as nutritious anymore because nutrients have been removed from the flour making process so that it can be stored for long periods of time . There are many reasons we store flour beside the basic economic principle of getting the most out of your yield .

But you're not actually pinpointing the nutrient definency of bread because you are saying it is a matter of non-commercial bread when really the "problem" lies in the flour . And your artisan / farmers bread is still using commercial / processed flour . They are just adding other grains but the major ingredient is still wheat flour and our flour today is not like 6000 years ago or even 200 years ago . It is to do with prolonging the storage life of flour and that is why breads made of wheat are no longer "healthy" .

I explained this to u at length in other posts here you failed to read.

I understand milled flour won't last forever. Everyone understands that.

You can keep the grain as seeds and then mill them when u want flour. Or buy it at the market when you need it.

Another poster commented he didn't know why you kept saying that either.

Also artisan bread makers are milling their OWN flour from wheat seeds.

Also the fermenting process is also where bread gains it nutrients from. Bread is an amazing thing if you take time and think of it from a biological standpoint.

You can keep the grain as seeds and then mill them when u want flour. Or buy it at the market when you need it.
I'm going to say this is highly doubtful . Wheat seeds need careful cleaning and they are highly toxic and attract pests . There may be a small number of people world wide using their own milled flour but it's very time consuming , expensive and the practicality of the end product for baking is very inconsistent . The more use of the whole grain in baking , the less rise you will get from the flour . 6000 years ago , bread was flat and looked nothing like the bread you buy at a farmers market .

I'm going to say this is highly doubtful . Wheat seeds need careful cleaning and they are highly toxic and attract pests . There may be a small number of people world wide using their own milled flour but it's very time consuming , expensive and the practicality of the end product for baking is very inconsistent . The more use of the whole grain in baking , the less rise you will get from the flour . 6000 years ago , bread was flat and looked nothing like the bread you buy at a farmers market .

Once again not true.

Biologically not true.

When you let bread rise, yeast forms, adding air into the bread and creating rising bread.

That's all bread is, Mostly air

When you let bread ferment the yeast causes chemical reactions, IN turn the bread rises.

What you're saying is just not true.

Once again not true.

Biologically not true.

When you let bread rise, yeast forms, adding air into the bread and creating rising bread.

When you let bread ferment the yeast causes chemical reactions, IN turn the bread rises.

What you're saying is just not true.
Except when you are using the whole grain the flour will be much heavier and denser increasing the weight of the dough . That is why refined flours are used mostly for baking . Cake flour is even more refined than all purpose and a lighter flour is desirable for baking because of the density that a heavier flour will collapse many breads and desserts . You will never get the same rise that a refined flour gets despite what home grinders want to tell you . The fermentation depends on many factors and so will never be predictable enough to be used in a commercial product and will never yield a fluffier product than a flour that has been processed .

Further to your belief that wheat berries are healthy , they are heavily , HEAVILY treated with toxic chemicals for storage and cleaning these with at home methods is insufficient compared to industrial methods . Wheat berries in themselves are healthy but what deteriorates their nutrients by the time they get to our table whether that is in the form of a self grindable berry or a loaf of premade bread is not what corporations did because this happened before corporations were around but due to processes meant to extend their ability to be stored .

Except when you are using the whole grain the flour will be much heavier and denser increasing the weight of the dough . That is why refined flours are used mostly for baking . Cake flour is even more refined than all purpose and a lighter flour is desirable for baking because of the density that a heavier flour will collapse many breads and desserts . You will never get the same rise that a refined flour gets despite what home grinders want to tell you . The fermentation depends on many factors and so will never be predictable enough to be used in a commercial product and will never yield a fluffier product than a flour that has been processed .

Further to your belief that wheat berries are healthy , they are heavily , HEAVILY treated with toxic chemicals for storage and cleaning these with at home methods is insufficient compared to industrial methods . Wheat berries in themselves are healthy but what deteriorates their nutrients by the time they get to our table whether that is in the form of a self grindable berry or a loaf of premade bread is not what corporations did because this happened before corporations were around but due to processes meant to extend their ability to be stored .

You've never seen a loaf of artisan bread.

It contradicts your entire post.

You've never seen a loaf of artisan bread.

It contradicts your entire post.
I'm not sure what sort of response that is supposed to be but basically i am in disagreement that corporations made bread unhealthy , that they are just utilizing already in place processes invented to preserve grains and milled flour . Your whole argument is wrong and a loaf of artisan bread doesn't contradict anything i've said .

But i do enjoy artisan bread , don't get me wrong but corporations didn't ruin bread . It was ruined long before things like wonder bread existed .

I'm not sure what sort of response that is supposed to be but basically i am in disagreement that corporations made bread unhealthy , that they are just utilizing already in place processes invented to preserve grains and milled flour . Your whole argument is wrong and a loaf of artisan bread doesn't contradict anything i've said .

But i do enjoy artisan bread , don't get me wrong but corporations didn't ruin bread . It was ruined long before things like wonder bread existed .

I am going to have sex with every loaf of bread in your house. Deal with it.

14619f92c509358cf83e939b3e65529e.jpg

Thsn what would you call it sir.

are you one of these people brain washed into thinking corporate food is better than home made food.

And yes corporations made bread unhealthy and it wasn't like than until corporations started making it that way for the American publics convenience.

Thsn what would you call it sir.

are you one of these people brain washed into thinking corporate food is better than home made food.

And yes corporations made bread unhealthy and it wasn't like than until corporations started making it that way for the American publics convenience.
A lot of premade bread is just plain white loaves that's true but flour and wheat grain was processed before corporations started producing premade bread . Even the bread people's moms made at home was made of processed flour . Buying processed flour to bake was the norm since the 1800's . Even if people farmed they still bought processed flour . You seem to think before corporations came along people grew wheat and milled their own flour to make bread . People stopped doing that long before corporations started selling bread .

A lot of premade bread is just plain white loaves that's true but flour and wheat grain was processed before corporations started producing premade bread . Even the bread people's moms made at home was made of processed flour . Buying processed flour to bake was the norm since the 1800's . Even if people farmed they still bought processed flour . You seem to think before corporations came along people grew wheat and milled their own flour to make bread . People stopped doing that long before corporations started selling bread .

You're still not getting it are you.

It's about the fermenting process. I can't keep havi the same convo with you over and over again to no avail.

And for your last sentence. No they didn't.

You're still not getting it are you.

It's about the fermenting process. I can't keep havi the same convo with you over and over again to no avail.

And for your last sentence. No they didn't.
Are you saying commercial bread doesn't go through a fermentation process ? It indeed does .

Fermentation starts as soon as you add yeast to liquid so how can commercial bread not be fermented ? Nothing you are saying makes sense .

Fermentation starts as soon as you add yeast to liquid so how can commercial bread not be fermented ? Nothing you are saying makes sense .

Why are you saying "adding yeast".

You keep saying the same wrong things over and over and over again

The FACT is you don't need to add YEAST. Adding yeast is simply to speed the process up.

Or you can add water to flour and mix it together cover it and yeast forms on its own. It's micro organisms reacting in a biological way. This isn't news. This has been around for 6000 years.

Like I said what you're saying is biologically wrong.

Already prepared cultured made yeast acts differently than letting it happen on its own.

Cheese works the exact same way. This is what food scientists do for a living.

What's you're saying is wron. Plain and simple

I've been eating vegetarian meat substitute products for years. And it isn't just vegetarians who eat them. Some of my friends and family are meat eaters and regularly eat meat substitute products. It's a bit amusing that people are more interested in a meat cultured food that was created in a lab than one that's already available in the stores right now.

Why are you saying "adding yeast".

You keep saying the same wrong things over and over and over again

The FACT is you don't need to add YEAST. Adding yeast is simply to speed the process up.

Or you can add water to flour and mix it together cover it and yeast forms on its own. It's micro organisms reacting in a biological way. This isn't news. This has been around for 6000 years.

Like I said what you're saying is biologically wrong.

Already prepared cultured made yeast acts differently than letting it happen on its own.

Cheese works the exact same way. This is what food scientists do for a living.

What's you're saying is wron. Plain and simple
And 6000 years ago bread was flat because spontaneous fermentation is unpredictable , it will never leaven a bread comparible to commercial bread and i've repeated this over and over again . You seem to think this is because evil corporations want to poison people when in fact they don't rely on those methods because they're unpredictable and yield a inferior product .

Ummmm hell no.

I'm very surprised by the smount of yes' I saw on the front page.

Artificial food can go fuck itself.
as if cows are natural these days lol
they are pumped full of steroids and antibiotics. there is nothing natural about them.

You two need a bake off or something, jesus christ.
The guy is a complete conspiracy theorist . He read the evils of bread on some naturalist blog and he has a completely slanted idea about why modern food isn't as nutritious as it was in the past while knowing very little about how our agriculture has changed and blaming it solely on evil corporations . This is no different than being a 911 was an inside job nutcase only it's about food .

Back