Would you eat cultured meat - meat without cows?

If it tastes no different, same texture, I'm for it.

But I rarely eat beef; here in this atheist's God's Country, I have a freezer full of venison.
Why, right now, I'm preparing some for a carne guisada.

As a vegetarian I've considered this because I crave meat once in a while. I don't know if I would for sure though.

It would likely contain less chemicals than traditionally grown meat .
I was kidding. But that's an interesting question. If you can't develop the flavor profile without help, that's going to require a mess of chemicals to imitate. I don't know if it's true that it would contain fewer added chemicals.

Me too..... I'll probably be dead by 50 because of that though.
Me as well, buddy. I've been on a salad/white meat diet lately. But I just had a chance to eat a meatloaf sandwich and it reminded me that I'm addicted to food. It was incredible.

Me as well, buddy. I've been on a salad/white meat diet lately. But I just had a chance to eat a meatloaf sandwich and it reminded me that I'm addicted to food. It was incredible.
We really do eat pretty healthy and exercise regularly at my house for the most part. We have to. If not you would see both me and my wife on that show my 600 lb life. We both love food. Most people on here shit on McDonald's.... I could go there and eat a double quarter lber, filet o fish, large fry, and 20 nuggets. Not joking. I don't go there because I REFUSE to be a mcfatty. And there aren't many foods that I won't eat. I'm not picky. That's part of the problem . Oh, And fk u BTW. I want a meatloaf now.

I was kidding. But that's an interesting question. If you can't develop the flavor profile without help, that's going to require a mess of chemicals to imitate. I don't know if it's true that it would contain fewer added chemicals.
I don't think it's the flavor necessarily . They could play with the kind of nutrients they supply to the cells and at what point they add them during growth and prior to harvesting the meat . They do that now with cattle to get a particular taste and the marbled fat in the premium cuts . I think the issue is that they are limited to cells that regrow and these may not cover certain types of cuts that people want . But it's too soon to tell what those limitations will be regarding that . What they would be limited on would be bone in cuts and bone in general which would include for broth , stock , gelatin , food grade dye , calcium and waste for rendering into by products like fertilizer and leather . But I still think this technology would be beneficial even with the limitations to at least ease some of the burden on natural resources whether that be feed , water , land etc . I am really excited for this and I hope it is a success .

I don't think it's the flavor necessarily . They could play with the kind of nutrients they supply to the cells and at what point they add them during growth and prior to harvesting the meat . They do that now with cattle to get a particular taste and the marbled fat in the premium cuts . I think the issue is that they are limited to cells that regrow and these may not cover certain types of cuts that people want . But it's too soon to tell what those limitations will be regarding that . What they would be limited on would be bone in cuts and bone in general which would include for broth , stock , gelatin , food grade dye , calcium and waste for rendering into by products like fertilizer and leather . But I still think this technology would be beneficial even with the limitations to at least ease some of the burden on natural resources whether that be feed , water , land etc . I am really excited for this and I hope it is a success .
Yeah joking aside this is a very big deal and this sort of engineering is going to completely change this world this century. Million bucks a pound for ground beef today, but definitely worth it.

How is this even a reasonable comparison ? Do they make formula from cultured milk cells ?
It means it doesn't matter what they say the fake meat or fake milk will never be as good. End of story. Kids who don't drink breast milk have 20% smaller brains. Ask your mom if she breast fed you bro.

It means it doesn't matter what they say the fake meat or fake milk will never be as good. End of story. Kids who don't drink breast milk have 20% smaller brains. Ask your mom if she breast fed you bro.

Also, if we no longer ate cows or drank their milk, why would there be cows anymore? They are animals created for us to eat. That is there purpose.

fairly certain the tacos at Jack in the Box are either processed meat or some form of tofu like substitute. and i guarantee many of us in here have murdered quite a few of those

fairly certain the tacos at Jack in the Box are either processed meat or some form of tofu like substitute. and i guarantee many of us in here have murdered quite a few of those
Only unknowingly. If Taco Bell put a sign out front that said fake taco meat they would go out of business over night. It's the same as that pink slime story.

How long before we find out soylent green is people?

Who is studying this, Hostess™?

i would definitely try it, though i highly doubt it will be a suitable replacement within my lifetime.

it is undeniable that the farming of animals and their eventual death is macabre. with the technology we have now and the state of humanity, i see it as a necessary evil. one day, it may not be, but hopefully ill be dead by then.

It's not "fake" . They are the exact cells found in the exact same animals .

The formula comparison was dumb because formula isn't a product produced from milk cells . It is a product made of milk by products . That's not the same thing .

Others can have the pleasure of being the guinea pigs. I'm not touching that stuff until it's completely tested and peer-reviewed to be safe.

Also, if we no longer ate cows or drank their milk, why would there be cows anymore? They are animals created for us to eat. That is there purpose.
Beef agriculture is invasive to our environment . The point is to reduce the harm they put on resources like water , grain agriculture , energy and land by reducing the head of cattle on the planet but finding alternative methods to fulfill the want for beef .

Back