Would you eat cultured meat - meat without cows?

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
At 20 minutes into the latest sam harris podcast, he talks to a guy who grows meat in a lab. It is meat without a cow. The interview comes like an infomercial, which is okay for me to get the information out to the public to get a discussion.

There does seem to be some benefits - no suffering to cows, less need to feed antibiotics to cows, lower chance of shit mixing in the meat, maybe less energy requirements, maybe lead to decrease need to cut 0t down land to be set up for grazing land, less methane produced since now cows ect

If it costs the same as ground beef, i would try it.

There was an episide if Better off ted where they grew meat in the lab. A taster on the show said it tasted familiar, like despair.

If its safe and tastes well sure.

If you get all the benefits (and hopefully less of the bad things) and it taste good at the same price then yes.

Probably wouldn't taste good. How are they going to replace a big fat marbled steak? I have to have that in my life. Pass the shitty meat buck to the next generation. I can only be so civilized.

They cannot make steak yet, it would start as a substitue f7r ground meat, hamburger, hot dogs an meatballs.

lmao fuck no, the people who said yes probably think formula is the same as breast milk

not without any long-term studies done on it first (10+ years of observation and tests).

I dont see any reason not to. Hamburger is not exactly high quality to begin with.

feed a family of dogs nothing but that meat for 20 years worth of generations and see if any abnormalities appear. If none, or if something cool like super strength or somesuch thing happens only then you can feed it to humans.

Ummmm hell no.

I'm very surprised by the smount of yes' I saw on the front page.

Artificial food can go fuck itself.

Probably wouldn't taste good. How are they going to replace a big fat marbled steak? I have to have that in my life. Pass the shitty meat buck to the next generation. I can only be so civilized.

They can mix it with chemicals to produce a simulated meet flavor that may or may not be toxic.

They can mix it with chemicals to produce a simulated meet flavor that may or may not be toxic.
Meat is immoral. I'd like you to meet....MeetPlus. Chemically engineered to Meet* your daily needs.

*Do not eat MeetPlus if you expect to engineer a baby in the next 90 days. MeetPlus may disinhibit the appendix in Consumer Groups Alpha and Delta. Ask your Care Coordinator if MeetPlus is safe for your genotype.

It is meat without a cow.

Like chicken???

feed a family of dogs nothing but that meat for 20 years worth of generations and see if any abnormalities appear. If none, or if something cool like super strength or somesuch thing happens only then you can feed it to humans.
So I guess you are ready to eat Purina Pet Chow then

Meat is immoral. I'd like you to meet....MeetPlus. Chemically engineered to Meet* your daily needs.

*Do not eat MeetPlus if you expect to engineer a baby in the next 90 days. MeetPlus may disinhibit the appendix in Consumer Groups Alpha and Delta. Ask your Care Coordinator if MeetPlus is safe for your genotype.
It would likely contain less chemicals than traditionally grown meat .

Back