Would you do a PHD in your mid or late 30s?

Of course. There are people of all ages going to graduate school. If it’s something you’re really interested in and have the means to do it then go for it. You have your whole life to work but few opportunities to do something like obtain a PhD.

I've got a bunch of friends with PHD's (Geology, Evolutionary Ecology, Biochemistry, Environmental Policy) most of them did them late 20s/early 30s.

Why wouldn't you be able to?

I wouldn't do one myself. An undergraduate degree was enough for me then I was basically done with studying apart from qualifications for my job.

Nah. I'll be trying to finish my Bachelor's degree somewhere in my 60's tho.

There have been famous people who do this even in 40s

Tbh, I think with the right degree (STEM - more specifically, IT or computer science, engineering, possibly mathematics, etc), it's unnecessary. Another buddy got a chemical engineering degree. He's a bit older than you. He's laughing into the money. Another finished computer science. It's all upward trajectory and remote work 99% of the time.

The unfortunate thing is that there's an abundance of degrees and more than 90% is absolutely rubbish hence the talking point of student loan forgiveness/parasites.

0 ROI in social justice degree or anything ending in studies, liberal arts. More education isn't always the answer if you do it right the 1st time.

Tbh, I think with the right degree (STEM - more specifically, IT or computer science, engineering, possibly mathematics, etc), it's unnecessary. Another buddy got a chemical engineering degree. He's a bit older than you. He's laughing into the money. Another finished computer science. It's all upward trajectory and remote work 99% of the time.

The unfortunate thing is that there's an abundance of degrees and more than 90% is absolutely rubbish hence the talking point of student loan forgiveness/parasites.

0 ROI in social justice degree or anything ending in studies, liberal arts. More education isn't always the answer if you do it right the 1st time.

The world is bigger than the US. Also people who dont pay their loans are smart like Trump and other billionaires. Game the system anytime you can because the system games you as do the rich overlords.

The world is bigger than the US. Also people who dont pay their loans are smart like Trump and other billionaires. Game the system anytime you can because the system games you as do the rich overlords.

It's the same rich "overlords" that celebrate more education. People spent countless decades in government education following the beaten path for a joke of degree and 0 ROI.

Not paying taxes because you game the tax code LEGALLY isn't the same thing as being a parasite. Begging for loan forgiveness because you got a bachelors in Muppet therapy.

It's one of the greatest cons jobs. My buddy wanted to be a doctor. He landed into a programming role and hadn't looked back. The correct undergrad is enough.

Look at the birth rates.

Last edited:
Back