Would you consider Pacquiao a "freak" athlete?

Pac was meant to be a filler fight though. Cotto was meant to be the one they were building to finish Oscar until Marg derailed him. They threw Pac in to keep Oscar busy. If not for a few changes Cotto would be the mega star today.

It was probably the most obvious,easy to break down fight I ever saw made.

Oscar was the favorite because he was big and for no other reason.

Don't you think the split against May had something to do with it? I mean, that fight was wider than it was, but betting odds has always been based mostly on PERCEPTION, and not really actual analysis. The odds are placed by who the oddsmakers thinks people will place more bets on. It's understandable that the books would think that the betting public would put too much stock into the "close" fight with Floyd.

Don't you think the split against May had something to do with it? I mean, that fight was wider than it was, but betting odds has always been based mostly on PERCEPTION, and not really actual analysis. The odds are placed by who the oddsmakers thinks people will place more bets on. It's understandable that the books would think that the betting public would put too much stock into the "close" fight with Floyd.

I personally didn't see the Floyd fight as that close.

I looked at his fight with Forbes.

oscar didn't look that bad in the mayweather fight and I think he fought before pac but i didn't see it, nothing would have told me he'd look that piss poor on fight night. He never was a truly great fighter but he had the promise of it, when he was in his early to mid twenties he could fight his ass off. They tried to say the weight of welter was too low for him but I don't believe that, he may have had trouble but only because he didn't have the discipline he used to, because he wasn't even a natural welterweight, he was best at lightweight. I still think that DLH at 25 instead of 35 would have knocked Pac silly with left hooks.

DLH in his 20s was a great fighter...I'm not sure if he could defeat Manny but who knows...

LIke you I was surprised to see how bad and diminished DLH's skill set was during the Manny fight...

I had Manny winning on points via 12 round UD....I didn't think he would destroy the fu*k out of him like he did...

Because it wasn't too far after PBF and Mayorga...I thought the wisdom, experience, and weight would all be advantages for DLH in his fight against Manny...I was wrong obviously.

Speaking of how off odds can be in MMA...

JDS is only -160 against Cain.

he should be at least -250...

Edit: As of today, JDS is -200. 12/24/2012

Opening odds he was at -140

DLH in his 20s was a great fighter...I'm not sure if he could defeat Manny but who knows...

LIke you I was surprised to see how bad and diminished DLH's skill set was during the Manny fight...

I had Manny winning on points via 12 round UD....I didn't think he would destroy the fu*k out of him like he did...

Because it wasn't too far after PBF and Mayorga...I thought the wisdom, experience, and weight would all be advantages for DLH in his fight against Manny...I was wrong obviously.

did you see the Forbes fight? I couldn't wrap my head around how a guy who struggled with Frobes was going to beat Pac.Plus, Pac is just a bad fight for Oscar all around.

Prime for prime, Oscar probably would have knocked him out. Oscar was a different guy in the 140 neighborhood.

Speaking of how off odds can be in MMA...

JDS is only -160 against Cain.

he should be at least -250...

Nah, its HW mma. Whichever one lands with a sloppy haymaker first is going to win.

people forget how good delahoya was, I never liked him as a man, I always thought he had faulty character and that it would show in the ring eventually. Us ethnics always know a sell out when we see one, that was a problem, with all his smiling and phoniness but the dude could fight, best left hook of his time maybe, not much of a right but a wells schooled fighter who when he was fighting the lightweights he would crush them, he was too big, too good for them, manny would have gotten caught somewhere along the line. DLH's last performance in that vein to my knowledge was the Quartey fight, after that he'd quit against hopkins, not dig down against the trinidad's and the mosleys, still a top fighter up until pac though.

people forget how good delahoya was, I never liked him as a man, I always thought he had faulty character and that it would show in the ring eventually. Us ethnics always know a sell out when we see one, that was a problem, with all his smiling and phoniness but the dude could fight, best left hook of his time maybe, not much of a right but a wells schooled fighter who when he was fighting the lightweights he would crush them, he was too big, too good for them, manny would have gotten caught somewhere along the line. DLH's last performance in that vein to my knowledge was the Quartey fight, after that he'd quit against hopkins, not dig down against the trinidad's and the mosleys, still a top fighter up until pac though.

I'm white as a ghost and I always thought Oscar was a mook. Your ethnicity doesn't give you special powers. Stop it.

People often over look the Quartey fight...this was one of the best fights of that decade...I had it a draw.

His fights with Mosley were great, and I thought he defeated Felix Trinidad...

funny how the "ethnics" considered DLH a sell out...

I thought DLH tried too hard to prove he was genuine to the Mexican people...

I mean he pretty much kissed the ass of JCC sr leading up to the fight (It's a honor to fight him, he's a legend etc.)

What do you "ethnics" think about Canelo? Genuine Aztec warrior (like Vargas) or sell out?

True that. It was disgusting at times. We get it Oscar, you're american but ALSO meh-he -can.

He was only authentic Mexican when he fought a Puerto Rican. LOL...

seroiusly though...I felt bad for him sometimes how Mexicans would always call him Maricon and sell out.

The struggles of being Chicano. Too Mexican to be American, too American to be Mexican.

People often over look the Quartey fight...this was one of the best fights of that decade...I had it a draw.

His fights with Mosley were great, and I thought he defeated Felix Trinidad...

funny how the "ethnics" considered DLH a sell out...

I thought DLH tried too hard to prove he was genuine to the Mexican people...

I mean he pretty much kissed the ass of JCC sr leading up to the fight (It's a honor to fight him, he's a legend etc.)

What do you "ethnics" think about Canelo? Genuine Aztec warrior (like Vargas) or sell out?

Delahoya faced alot of backlash, from latinos, not from any other group but he did take immediate corrective action because it got bad. He demanded spanish be spoken in the corner for some of his fights, he demanded that the mexican anthem be played before a fight and he started speaking spanish post-fight, most costly was building a rec center in his old stomping grounds I can't speak on Canelo, he's just a name to me, i'd have to look. Vargas was a knucklehead, an absolute knucklehead, not too bright, in fact rumours were in the early days of the ufc that some mma'r choked him out in a streetfight. I guess there is a right and wrong way to be what you are, for example, drinking alcohol would not be the best thing to prove my indianness. Vargas used to call out DLH out of jealousy mainly but the barbs stung, Delahoya really wanted that win.

LOL... I have to agree with Seano on this one even tho Cain and JDS are the only HW's I actually like

I tell you what...why don't you and Seano gather some money together and wager on Cain...

you guys act like this is a 50/50 fight, a coin toss...which is bull shit...

you think two guys will be swinging for the fences and there are no other variables involved.

Cain can't take a shot, JDS has the reach advantage, excellent TDD and is the more precise puncher...

JDS wins this via 1st round TKO.

He was only authentic Mexican when he fought a Puerto Rican. LOL...

seroiusly though...I felt bad for him sometimes how Mexicans would always call him Maricon and sell out.

he deserved it, you'd have to have been following at the time and observing, it was obvious he was out for self totally which even if everyone is, a guy like an Ali, a Robinson also understood that they meant more than what they could get out of the sport, DLH really didn't. I always thought I could see the eyes of a sociopath (I know that sounds harsh and I don't know if it's true) when he would fight, his later rumoured rapes didn't surprise me. As Seano has stated though, a utter whore and sellout can offend a lot of people's sensibilities.

Back