Would you consider his stand up to be ahead of modern MMA?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He was super famous in canadian kickboxing scene during the early 2000-2004.

Would you consider his stand up to be ahead of modern MMA in terms of striking?

His stand-up is terrible. He just fights a guy for an arranged period of time. I didn't hear a single good joke

What would you say is a big flaw in his striking?

He was super famous in canadian kickboxing scene during the early 2000-2004.

Would you consider his stand up to be ahead of modern MMA in terms of striking?

Looks like a kickboxer/muay thai. Looks okay,who is he fighting????

The Diaz Bros would throw up looking at all that spinning shit

Hard comparison when there isn't a threat of a TD.

Kicks look good and flashy, but his hands didn't look great in the Daniels fights and he was just kind of turtling with his feet planted when RD was rushing him.

I don't know the story behind the fight though, could have had a nagging injury or just an off day

Why do I see so many threads about this guy? lol

What is the relevance here?? Why are you posing this question?? His stand up looks good...after all he is a stand up fighter going against other stand up fighters with 0 threat of takedown, separation upon clinch etc.

Should I post some vids of Ramon Dekkers and ask if you think his stand up tech is ahead of modern mma?

looks kinda bad actually

I dig his style. Exciting, but I get a karate kid vibe from those highlight videos for some reason haha.

His stand-up is terrible. He just fights a guy for an arranged period of time. I didn't hear a single good joke

tumblr_mvugs7SKdL1qidyw2o1_250.gif

What is the relevance here?? Why are you posing this question?? His stand up looks good...after all he is a stand up fighter going against other stand up fighters with 0 threat of takedown, separation upon clinch etc.

Should I post some vids of Ramon Dekkers and ask if you think his stand up tech is ahead of modern mma?

This

The relevance is that, if MMA striking has surpassed international level kickboxing?

Ramon is GOAT striker dude while Blake was an amazing western kick boxer from the early 2000s.

No threat of a takedown.

"Canadian Moo Thai Champion"

Is that like Muay Thai with only 3 rounds and no elbows, knees, or clinch?
:rolleyes:

The relevance is that, if MMA striking has surpassed international level kickboxing?

Then compare it to an elite international-level kickboxer, like Petrosyan, Holzken, or Saki, not some miscellaneous Canadian-circuit TKD fighter. And the answer is no, of course not. How would people who have to commit tremendous time training for grappling exchanges be able to compete in pure standup against people who commit 100% of their training time to standup?

Back