Would you charge your Tesla here?

Why do people hate Teslas so much?

There are so many videos (due to Teslas having active cameras all over the car) of random people keying, smashing windows, and even pissing on Teslas. Road rage videos where Tesla drivers are minding their own business and dorks in retarded trucks try to flex.

I don't get it.
All sorts of nice cars get fucked with.
People post Tesla videos because they have cameras recording and it's a novelty and gets headlines.
Anytime a Tesla gets vandalized on video, you see an article on the internet.
When my Ford Fusion rental got keyed? Nada.

Turns into great promo content for Tesla blogs.

Tesla have become a symbol of the left/right divide in America when it comes to Environmental issues.

Sadly many Trumpsters see 'support of the environment' as a 'left' and 'pussy' thing worthy of scorn and ridicule.
Which is fucking WILD considering the average income of a Tesla buyer is over 100k/year, the company is run by a libertarian, their profit margins are derived from corporate welfare and union-busting.
The company is about as relevant to progressive politics as livestrong wristbands are to clinical oncology.

Propaganda from the fossil fuel industry has convinced many idiots that electric cars are trying to steal their jobs in fracking country and must be destroyed at all cost.
There's also a heavy amount of propaganda put out by Tesla trying to frame everything as "us vs big oil!" when it reality they're one of tons of companies trying to profit off new energy sources.
It's like watching an oil baron in the 1920s convince the world they're a social hero for developing oil drilling tech to get rid of "evil coal", when really they're just dying for marketshare in a wideopen rush between competing companies.

All sorts of nice cars get fucked with.
People post Tesla videos because they have cameras recording and it's a novelty and gets headlines.
Anytime a Tesla gets vandalized on video, you see an article on the internet.
When my Ford Fusion rental got keyed? Nada.

Turns into great promo content for Tesla blogs.

I doubt Ford Fusions are being keyed just for being Fusions though.

I doubt Ford Fusions are being keyed just for being Fusions though.
You're reaching.
In what world does every Tesla getting keyed = intentionally against a Tesla?
I don't know what else to tell you other than I've had multiple rental cars get vandalized within the last year that weren't Teslas (Ford Fusion parked in city lot near my apartment overnight, then an Escalade tire slash in Oregon).

You're reaching.
In what world does every Tesla getting keyed = intentionally against a Tesla?
I don't know what else to tell you other than I've had multiple rental cars get vandalized within the last year that weren't Teslas (Ford Fusion parked in city lot near my apartment overnight, then an Escalade tire slash in Oregon).

I don't follow Tesla blogs or anything, but I've seen plenty of videos of people acting like real dicks to Tesla drivers.

Truck drivers literally organizing to block Tesla charging stations, for instance. Saw a picture of Mustangs (lmao) doing the same thing. A dude kicking the charge connection on a Tesla until it broke.

Are those people out there vandalizing Corollas?

Come on, bud. You know damn well I'm not talking about run of the mill vandalism.

Which is ironic, since electric cars aren’t any better for the environment than regular cars right now. The process of making the cars (batteries) is terrible for the environment.
total bullshit.

Even a basic scan of the relevant wikipedia page debunks it. Several sources are cited on that page.

upload_2020-2-14_10-54-59.png

lmao. That didn’t disprove anything I said?

literally shows exactly what I said.
you said "aren’t any better for the environment than regular cars right now"

they are way better for the environment. You dont just build a car and have it sit there. You build it and drive it. once you start driving them, electric cars are far better for the environment, even including their higher upfront manufacturing carbon impact.

I've had a Tesla since 2013 and I've yet to ever need a supercharger. I think the need for them is overstated.

<Fedor23>

you said "aren’t any better for the environment than regular cars right now"

they are way better for the environment. You dont just build a car and have it sit there. You build it and drive it. once you start driving them, electric cars are far better for the environment, even including their higher upfront manufacturing carbon impact.

there are other studies showing life cycle emissions even closer than that. Regardless, I do think they are better than IC engines. But with currently tech, not by much. Definitely not enough to justify all the free money they get from US government.

there are other studies showing life cycle emissions even closer than that. Regardless, I do think they are better than IC engines. But with currently tech, not by much. Definitely not enough to justify all the free money they get from US government.
I reviewed several. The wikipedia figures are by far the most conservative i saw...by consverative i mean the actual net positive carbon impact for electric cars is understated.
This also do not take into account massive increases in economy of scale with recent battery production efforts (all the way from lithium and base-metal mining through to giga-scale battery manufacturing) which have been exponential over the last 3 years and serve to reduce the carbon impact of an individual unit battery significantly.
Also the studies generally assume the cars are charged from un-clean power sources whereas there is significant advantages gained in charging the cars from either renewable sources, or if charged from fossil based grids, there are advnatages in terms of baseload efficiency when charged overnight when renewables are less active, etc

Basically your info is wrong and old. I'm not trying to be a dick, its just that spouting that same rhetoric adds to the levels of misinformation and confusion in the general public forum.

Because of shit like this
vyi4axutm7g41.jpg

No knock on the cars themselves, but their cult fan base are doing more harm than good and turning potential buyers off.

I think just about anyone who owns a Tesla would feel the same way. There's no other car I would buy right now.

Which is fucking WILD considering the average income of a Tesla buyer is over 100k/year, the company is run by a libertarian, their profit margins are derived from corporate welfare and union-busting.
The company is about as relevant to progressive politics as livestrong wristbands are to clinical oncology.
There's this strange mythologizing of billionaire entrepreneurs in our culture, trying to prop them up as examples of self-made geniuses, when further examination of their history always conflicts with the canonized origin.
lww92s7xxr841.jpg

99% of billionaires are utter cunts who cheated their way to a monopoly. And we celebrate them for some reason. Maybe there's a decent billionaire out there, but it sure as fuck ain't anyone in tech. The fact that Gates has a tax sheltering foundation to mete out his billions to those who sufficiently supplicate to him is obscene in itself.

I reviewed several. The wikipedia figures are by far the most conservative i saw...by consverative i mean the actual net positive carbon impact for electric cars is understated.
This also do not take into account massive increases in economy of scale with recent battery production efforts (all the way from lithium and base-metal mining through to giga-scale battery manufacturing) which have been exponential over the last 3 years and serve to reduce the carbon impact of an individual unit battery significantly.
Also the studies generally assume the cars are charged from un-clean power sources whereas there is significant advantages gained in charging the cars from either renewable sources, or if charged from fossil based grids, there are advnatages in terms of baseload efficiency when charged overnight when renewables are less active, etc

Basically your info is wrong and old. I'm not trying to be a dick, its just that spouting that same rhetoric adds to the levels of misinformation and confusion in the general public forum.

That wiki figure is definitely not the most conservative. There are many more aggressive figures. One study I’ve seen showing the EV has to reach 219,000 km before it starts outperforming it’s diesel counterpart (that one’s from Austrian think tank Joanneum Research’s study) The wiki figure is showing EV as a slight winner at only 150k km. So it’s definitely not the most conservative figure out there. Either way, I’m no expert on it and I don't know what the overall average results are from all the many studies, so I’m going to bow out and not argue it further right now. But there are enough studies out there I’ve seen that shown no huge difference between the two, that my view, for now, is going to stay that they aren’t all that better for the environment at current tech. I’m not going to do my part for the environment and pay the high prices for an EV until the tech has improved enough to be a clear winner actually helping the environment.

Last edited:
That wiki figure is definitely not the most conservative. There are many more aggressive figures. One study I’ve seen showing the EV has to reach 219,000 km before it starts outperforming it’s diesel counterpart (that one’s from Austrian think tank Joanneum Research’s study) The wiki figure is showing EV as a slight winner at only 150k km. So it’s definitely not the most conservative figure out there. Either way, I’m no expert on it and I don't know what the overall average results are from all the many studies, so I’m going to bow out and not argue it further right now. But there are enough studies out there I’ve seen that shown no huge difference between the two, that my view, for now, is going to stay that they aren’t all that better for the environment at current tech. I’m not going to do my part for the environment and pay the high prices for an EV until the tech has improved enough to be a clear winner actually helping the environment.
Fair enough. I personally have found the vast majority (80%+) of the research I've read points to the net carbon impact of electric over ICE being favourable, with a smaller majority indicating immensely favourable. And additional research shows future signs strengthening that divide as ICE is relatively stale and electric is a bounty of tech potential as well as scale-economics.
But happy to acknowledge there is a body of work that disagrees and you've touched on it right there.

Ltts see how the future shakes out!

Back