Would you change your beliefs if you only had exposure to the other sides message?

To be honest, my radical changes in ideology didn’t come from fox news, CNN, Huff Po, Young Fucktards, etc..

It came from personal experience and my occupation.

It’s amazing how the real world, and living it, and realizing that most of the liberal nonsense you learned in college was complete bullshit.

I’m not saying conservatism is the end all, be all to political ideology, but when it comes to the criminal justice system and social service programs, liberals have their heads, way up their asses.

Interesting. I grew up a conservative in a conservative family in wyoming. My time in the military showed me that a lot of the conservative positions were not actually real.

I became an anti-leftist after spending 5 years in university. The endless pushing of leftist bullshit from lefty professors and indoctrinated students made me realize that universities are dangerous leftist propaganda mills.

"In Truth, professors are the merest of mere mortals." -J.L. Granatstein from Who Killed Canadian History?
What were you going to school for, did you at least get a degree?

What were you going to school for, did you at least get a degree?

After jumping around various majors, I eventually got a degree in Communication and Culture which is a fancy way of saying General Studies.

Interesting. I grew up a conservative in a conservative family in wyoming. My time in the military showed me that a lot of the conservative positions were not actually real.

Don't get me wrong,.there are a lot of conservative positions as well which I learned to be bullshit...

But for the most part...when it comes to liberalism and the real world, I kinda felt like Neo when he was first exposed to the matrix

IDK but I can say you change your beliefs if you work in the hood for a few years

Well, the other side's message is racist and I am black, so it's incompatible.

However, if you were to eliminate race from the equation and I was only presented with rightist policy (meritocracy, privatization, etc) and didn't know better, I'd likely change my mind, yes.

That's why you gotta stick to the hard sciences. I didn't, but I wish I did.

IDK, if you go into biology, you'll start believing that liberal evolution propaganda.
If you go into engineering, you'll start believing in the liberal myth that we need investment in our infrastructure
If you go into economics, you'll start believing that demand-side economics and supporting liberal shit like welfare and minimum wage.
If you go into climatology or earth science, you'll start believing in that climate change myth.

being exposed to more leftists made me further right.

So, your time working for the most massive government program in history has lead you to the conclusion that small government philosophy is somehow lacking?

Well, the other side's message is racist and I am black, so it's incompatible.
Considering we have incontrovertible proof that the Democratic party leadership refers to Hispanic voters has "taco bowls", this analysis is incorrect.

If you also consider that it was the Democratic party that fought a bloody Civil War to maintain the institution of slavery, and instituted Jim Crow laws afterwords, even a bad reading of history will tell you which party are the true racial separatist.

However, if you were to eliminate race from the equation and I was only presented with rightist policy (meritocracy, privatization, etc) and didn't know better, I'd likely change my mind, yes.
Since your previous concern has now been laid to rest, perhaps you should give the philosophy of individual liberty a second look.

Considering we have incontrovertible proof that the Democratic party leadership refers to Hispanic voters has "taco bowls", this analysis is incorrect.

The Democrats are racist. Their campaign platform is less racist. Neither is nearly as racist as the Republican Party.

Anyways, this is a leftism-versus-rightism argument, not a GOP vs. Dems argument. I'm not a Democrat, and Democrats are certainly not leftists (see: Clinton, Kaine, Booker re: privatization, financial deregulation, neoliberalism).

If you also consider that it was the Democratic party that fought a bloody Civil War to maintain the institution of slavery, and instituted Jim Crow laws afterwords, even a bad reading of history will tell you which party are the true racial separatist.

Again, I'm not a Democrat. For literate adults, there exists ideology outside of the American framework, which only stretches from the center to the far right. Also, were I a Democrat, I would not care about the dealings of the party before when it stood for entirely different constituents and principles. That's is a weak argument that you guys always go back to.

The Democrats are racist.
No, not all Democrats are racist, but the Democratic party leadership certainly is.

Their campaign platform is less racist.
Compared to what?

Neither is nearly as racist as the Republican Party.
Please identify any racist platform within the Republican Party platform. If you're unable to do so, then your statement is false.

Anyways, this is a leftism-versus-rightism argument, not a GOP vs. Dems argument. I'm not a Democrat, and Democrats are certainly not leftists (see: Clinton, Kaine, Booker re: privatization, financial deregulation, neoliberalism).

Cory Booker not a leftist? How do you justify that statement?

Again, I'm not a Democrat. For literate adults, there exists ideology outside of the American framework, which only stretches from the center to the far right. Also, were I a Democrat, I would not care about the dealings of the party before when it stood for entirely different constituents and principles. That's is a weak argument that you guys always go back to.
You mentioned the "other side" being racist (and have since gone on to clarify that you meant Republicans). My argument was that the political party that represents leftism in this country has exhibited more racism than any other group in American history.

I actual enjoy tyt. Cenk gets very passionate about things he believes.

As an economic leftist I am shocked every time I come across Cenk or TYT.

I am blown away that that guy got the traction he did and commandeered that news source into its present popularity. Cenk comes across like a semi-literate high school jock. I'm always forced to quickly click away. Even though he is often supporting positions with which I agree.

If you're a white man, you'd have to eventually start smelling bullshit in all the "white men are evil" propaganda.

CIS white men. Let's get our facts straight.

Don't you dare lump queer white guys in with those demon spawn.

CIS white men. Let's get our facts straight.

Don't you dare lump queer white guys in with those demon spawn.
Even though I'm sure your joking, that analysis still isn't correct.

Just look at the treatment of Milo Yiannopolos for being a conservative.

As an economic leftist I am shocked every time I come across Cenk or TYT.

I am blown away that that guy got the traction he did and commandeered that news source into its present popularity. Cenk comes across like a semi-literate high school jock. I'm always forced to quickly click away. Even though he is often supporting positions with which I agree.

Thats what like about him. He calls it how he sees it. A couple weeks ago, the speaker of the house took a selfie with interns and in that picture had nothing but white people in it, probably 30+.

In my mind i thought there are no minorites into politics? Or they just hire a certain group of people. That never gets brought up on other media sites. I think its a fair question to ask why?

Same goes when donald is on stage, behind him are a flood of white people very limited minorities. Media ignores these kind of things.

I can tell you as a minority we pay attention to these kind of things.

In my mind i thought there are no minorites into politics? Or they just hire a certain group of people. That never gets brought up on other media sites. I think its a fair question to ask why?

It's because few to no young people of color apply to intern for republican congresspeople.

Same goes when donald is on stage, behind him are a flood of white people very limited minorities.

It's because very few people of color support the GOP, much less invest in the party deeply enough to ever become convention delegates.

There's no conspiracy or intentional desire for segregation on the part of republicans.

It's because few to no young people of color apply to intern for republican congresspeople.

Lol no one huh?

It's because very few people of color support the GOP, much less invest in the party deeply enough to ever become convention delegates.

There's no conspiracy or intentional desire for segregation on the part of republicans.

Back